Trusted Contributor

Re: Please Tell Her to Not Call the Handbags She/Her! Please

@febe1 wrote:

I wouldn't mind so much what they call them if they still had something. Whatever happened to Sak's, to Max of NY, to Stone Mountain? Where are all our choices? Is it all Dooney &Bourke and Vera Bradley now? What boring offerings in handbags! 

I so agree with this statement and lest we forget the Aimee Kestenberg ORANY handbags that are also on too much!

Way back in the day Maxx of New York was prevalent and I purchased several bags over the years they were a best seller. Always got a totally leather bag well made with reasonable prices.

Still have them and use them as they have held up very well.

Yes, Stone Mountain was very popular with shoes and bags. Where have they gone? Dooney & Bourke does seem to be pushed the most and I think their prices are ludicrous. I will NEVER  support them or anyone who is in those price ranges just to carry a bag for my needs. I love a good , quality bag but I can find them on sale or otherwise and not pay that kind of money.

Everything these days seem  to be going for higher prices, but I don't see improvement in quality.

Respected Contributor

Re: Please Tell Her to Not Call the Handbags She/Her! Please

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

I wouldn't mind so much what they call them if they still had something. Whatever happened to Sak's, to Max of NY, to Stone Mountain? Where are all our choices? Is it all Dooney &Bourke and Vera Bradley now? What boring offerings in handbags! 

As mentioned by a few others, there is still a fair number of handbag brands (or handbags as part of a larger line) available -- Travelon, Aimee Kestenberg, Isaac, GILI, Tig, LUG, OrYANY, Halston, Marc Fisher. They may not suit your needs, but QVC does offer more than just Dooney and VB (which doesn't seem to be on much, to me).