Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Please Tell Her to Not Call the Handbags She/Her! Please

"Sounds kind of petty to me considering all that is going on in the world right now."

much tragedy going on before...in distant places.
Honored Contributor

@IMAROCKER wrote:
"Sounds kind of petty to me considering all that is going on in the world right now."

much tragedy going on before...in distant places.

And one would feel certain all that's being discussed in other forums on other sites. This being QVC's home shopping site, discussing material related to QVC makes perfect sense. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

I just cant listen to her give the bags a sex for another two hours.  

Whom are you asking to tell "her" and why can't you do it yourself on her FB page or QVC blog?

I don't understand people who post here always asking someone to do something to satisfy their complaints.  If you are an adult, handle it yourself.

Contributor

"And one would feel certain all that's being discussed in other forums on other sites. This being QVC's home shopping site, discussing material related to QVC makes perfect sense."

Thank you so much for the advice! Looking forward to more.
Honored Contributor

If you go on the Purse Forum sight, that is how they refer to their bags too.  I really don't see what the big deal is. 

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

If you go on the Purse Forum sight, that is how they refer to their bags too.  I really don't see what the big deal is. 

How about it's not correct English besides sounding stupid?

As I posted above, inanimate objects in French have genders; in English they do not (with maybe a couple of exceptions but clothing items and accessories aren't the exceptions).

Honored Contributor

@IMAROCKER wrote:
"And one would feel certain all that's being discussed in other forums on other sites. This being QVC's home shopping site, discussing material related to QVC makes perfect sense."

Thank you so much for the advice! Looking forward to more.

No advice tendered, merely an opinion, same as you... But you're certainly most welcome...

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

Not sure anyone said it was a huge deal, just that it sounds rather imbecilic and is thus annoying, whether they do it over on the purse forum or not...

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

that host is unbearable. I have never, ever heard people talk the way she does and that includes listening to my pre-teen nieces talk.

She is just not good host material on a site that caters to more mature people. Assigning gender specific roles to inanimate objects defies logic. And add to that her other jewels of "climb into" and "permission to play". 

I don't think it's fair to attribute "permission to play" to the host.  It either came from the vendor or from QVC, but not the host. I think she's just repeating what she was told to.