Frequent Contributor

Re: Please Tell Her to Not Call the Handbags She/Her! Please

I agree.  I am not a "hater" and I think that host does a great job.  However, referring to a product as "her" or "she" comes across to me, as trying way too hard to get me to purchase something.  If the product is good, I will buy it after watching an informative and honest presentation.  This is not the first time I have heard products being described this way on QVC, and in my opinion, it sounds odd.

Frequent Contributor

And my question is - wait for it....did she "climb into it" (whoops "her"}???!!!!! I just can't stand it! I always picture me getting out my ladder when I want to dress in the a.m. climbing into my clothes!

Honored Contributor

@iLove2Q wrote:

And my question is - wait for it....did she "climb into it" (whoops "her"}???!!!!! I just can't stand it! I always picture me getting out my ladder when I want to dress in the a.m. climbing into my clothes!

Perhaps she gets dressed coming down off her bunk bed.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Now Sandra Bennett is doing this.  Last night's D & B show.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Has it occurred to anyone that management might have told them to do this?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Not for a minute, sorry.....  or ALL of them would be referring to all clothing and accessories as "she" and it's definitely selective and definitely only certain hosts.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Not for a minute, sorry.....  or ALL of them would be referring to all clothing and accessories as "she" and it's definitely selective and definitely only certain hosts.  

I agree. There's a lot you can blame on management, most of it justifiably so, but this folly doesn't seem to be based on their directive... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@CaliforniaGirl45 wrote:

I agree.  I am not a "hater" and I think that host does a great job.  However, referring to a product as "her" or "she" comes across to me, as trying way too hard to get me to purchase something.  If the product is good, I will buy it after watching an informative and honest presentation.  This is not the first time I have heard products being described this way on QVC, and in my opinion, it sounds odd.

It comes across to me as trying to be French, in which "things" have genders.  They do not in the English language.  Mon dieu!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvdoodles wrote:

Sounds kind of petty to me considering all that is going on in the world right now.

Lots of things pale by comparsion to what is going on in the world right now. Fortunately, we have our diversions, of which a message board for a home shopping station is but one... I don't know, sort of makes sense to discuss items that are so related. Were we to go too far afield in our discussions of world events, we'd be poofed for getting too political...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I've only heard this on QVC, and I've heard both the hosts and vendors doing it.  It sounds so silly.  Very distracting.