@kelsey17 wrote:

I feel the same way when they refer to a woman's breasts

as "the girls"..............

LOL, I agree.  Hate that term too.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Please Tell Her to Not Call the Handbags She/Her! Please

@hummermom wrote:

I agree! I can't stand it either.

And if a handbag is a "she," is a pair of pants a "he"?

It depends on how they're hung.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

Was  I dreaming last night or was the TSV discussed for a whole hour and if so when did they start that!

Frequent Contributor

Don't waste your time.....useless.....some get to do as they please

Respected Contributor

She also whined when she did not have a card with all the names of the colors of the Logo Lock.  Sue Clifton is a class act.  She very methodically went throught all the colors.  She almost sounded like she was the host's mom.  Now, now, here, here, it will be all right.  We'll get through this.  Sue is great. 

Honored Contributor

The "she and "her" stuff just makes me cringe.  It seemed to start with a certain designer and her shark bite hems and lace pieces.  Just too cute for me..... And for some reason a couple of the hosts have picked up the mantle and ran with it......

It'll pass as do most of the bag of verbal "tricks" do..... meanwhile I try to ignore it.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

She also whined when she did not have a card with all the names of the colors of the Logo Lock.  Sue Clifton is a class act.  She very methodically went throught all the colors.  She almost sounded like she was the host's mom.  Now, now, here, here, it will be all right.  We'll get through this.  Sue is great. 

So glad I missed all that and turned it off after seeing the TSV. I won't normally watch the host in question, as I don't care for her on any level, but did want to see the new Dooney bag. As noted, once I'd seen it, I promptly turned the channel to something else.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have noticed any of the hosts that do not have their card in front of them get panicky right away. They obviously rely on those, and cannot function otherwise. At least last night's host let Sue talk, and did not have her hand in all the handbags as Sue was presenting them. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think the reason that hosts give a gender to a handbag is that bags come with a name for inventory purposes so that the style of a bag can be easily searched for online or in store by looking at the tags on the item.

if you say "small Lexington" shopper tote, most people would know which Dooney bag was being talked about.

i also notice the same thing for shoes. Look up the cute Clarks shooties called "Shira Nicole" and you would probably not call them "it" shoes....just saying!

Respected Contributor

Sounds kind of petty to me considering all that is going on in the world right now.