Respected Contributor

Re: Please Tell Her to Not Call the Handbags She/Her! Please

I have male and female Dooney and GILI purses so they can mate when I put them in the closet and then I have enough to gift one to everyone on the planet as the hosts tells us to do.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

I agree. A handbag is, and always will be, an "it"!

And Bruce will always be Bruce.  

A person who identifies something as something it isn't is just wrong.  Same with the purse.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I wouldn't mind so much what they call them if they still had something. Whatever happened to Sak's, to Max of NY, to Stone Mountain? Where are all our choices? Is it all Dooney &Bourke and Vera Bradley now? What boring offerings in handbags! 

And Travelon and don't forget Mizrahi's Bridgehamton purses.  QVC is partly the Isaac Mizrahi Network.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Karnerblue wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

I just cant listen to her give the bags a sex for another two hours.  

But you're referring to someone as "her" when she has a name.

I figure posters don't say a certain host's name is because a fan will report it to moderators and then POOF! No one is free to discuss "her" unless it is a positive post.

Honored Contributor

It might irritate you, but it sure gets you to listen and pay attention doesn't it?  GOT YA don't they?

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

I just cant listen to her give the bags a sex for another two hours.  

But you're referring to someone as "her" when she has a name.

And yet, that's why they're called personal pronouns and not purse-onal pronouns...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Alsee wrote:

I agree. A handbag is, and always will be, an "it"!

And Bruce will always be Bruce.  

A person who identifies something as something it isn't is just wrong.  Same with the purse.

Next thing - we'll have transgender handbags ...

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

It might irritate you, but it sure gets you to listen and pay attention doesn't it?  GOT YA don't they?

Actually, not so much...  I was interested in seeing the Dooney TSV so I watched about ten minutes of the initial presentation and that was about as much as I could endure, what with all the perky gushing and with all the 'she's and 'hers' fully intact. I found it utterly witless...Turned it off without buying.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

HAHA!  They "got" me only because i wanted to see the TSV, and one other bag. Then i fell asleep.  Maybe it was only a coincident but she used the affectation far less last night.  So maybe someone whispered in her ear, chill on the female pronoun!😀

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I wouldn't mind so much what they call them if they still had something. Whatever happened to Sak's, to Max of NY, to Stone Mountain? Where are all our choices? Is it all Dooney &Bourke and Vera Bradley now? What boring offerings in handbags! 

.......obviously Dooney bags bring in high sales, consistently.  Those other brands.....did not.   Retailers like money.