Trusted Contributor

Re: Please HELP us, QVC Tech SUPPORT

I wonder if the d.monetate.net I mentioned in another thread is part of this problem. As best as I can find out, that is some kind of adware and Q must be either employing or allowing it. I just started seeing that "waiting for d.monetate.net" message at the bottom of my google chrome screen. At that time is when the slow and choppy page load started.

Honored Contributor

On 3/14/2014 Feline Fine said:
On 3/14/2014 dooBdoo said:

With my iPad (3rd generation, iOS 7.1), the Community forums open at the usual speed. But it takes 15 to 25 seconds for a thread to open or to submit a post. I don't see any error messages.

On my iMac (OS X 10.9.2), everything is the usual speed (pages load in 2 to 3 seconds). Same results with Firefox (v. 27.0.1), Safari (v. 7.0.2), and Chrome (v. 33.0.1750.149). I also haven't seen the "long running script" (which is an Internet Explorer message you can disable if you choose to) or "waiting for d.monetate.net."

Are most of you using Internet Explorer or an iPad when you see the slowdown and/or error messages?

I sent a report of this to QVC's website support.* I also complained about the total lack of communication between their customers and the website support staff. I think they need to establish a separate blog or forum for reports of site problems, with regular interaction by their IT staff.

*(If you want to report directly to their website staff, click "Customer Service" in the upper right corner of this page, choose "Click here to send us an email" and then choose "Using QVC.com, also click "Yes" for "Would you like a reply.")

I've been using Google Chrome for the last 5-6 years, Doobie babe, but haven't seen an any messages. Just been experiencing extreme slowness.

Thanks for your detailed info., advice, and pertinent points made. 8)

Hi, Feline Fine! Hope you're feelin' fine today!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Firefox seems to be performing the best, so you might want to try it out.

About "monetate.net," it's a company that tracks the user's activities to use the info for additional marketing to that individual.

As I said on another thread: It's ridiculous that a large company like QVC would continue to have issues like this. Customers should be able to use any of the major browsers and software "updates" should be seamless and unnoticed by users.

(btw: We really DO need one place to report these problems and to discuss them. As I mentioned in my thread in the Suggestion Box forum, right now we have at least 6 different reporting mechanisms -- and it's obvious none of them are working.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Still RIDICULOUSLY-slow, so much so that I've been avoiding the forums, and the rest of the QVC website.

It's been AT LEAST a week & a half, Q Tech Support Team!

PLEASE fix this website NOW, or you will continue to lose revenue - and customer loyalty - because of the above issues!

You seem to care about us, so please put your words into immediate ACTION.

Thank you.

Super Contributor

OMG I just got back into my account after it being suspended for the 2nd time this morning and I was SCREAMING at them. Today was the day I got the "password change" screen and of course it didn't work.

The first customer svc person I talked to couldn't care less when I complained about the site being so slow and this password issue. The 2nd one claims she'll pass the word to "corporate" about the problem, but also gave the excuse that "it's only been 3 weeks" since these changes have been started.

REALLY? 3 weeks? Good Lord, with the shipping charges alone they get from us they should be able to employ an elite team of web gurus to run this site, ordering and forums combined.

Contributor

I just got off the phone with customer service because today is the day I also got the "password change" screen, and I was lectured about their concern for my security. I was also told that this has been going on since January 1st! So they need to get their story straight!

I can not believe that on an event day, St. Patrick's Day, they would delay customer orders to the point that items have sold out.

Another reason I shop much less often with this company and really wish other channels offered the St. Patrick's Day shopping experience with Irish imports.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm getting a message ""QVC is not responding."" It's been going on now for about three days.

Super Contributor

On 3/17/2014 the mink said:

I just got off the phone with customer service because today is the day I also got the "password change" screen, and I was lectured about their concern for my security. I was also told that this has been going on since January 1st! So they need to get their story straight!

I can not believe that on an event day, St. Patrick's Day, they would delay customer orders to the point that items have sold out.

Another reason I shop much less often with this company and really wish other channels offered the St. Patrick's Day shopping experience with Irish imports.

I got that lecture also---and the reason I was having a fit is because I was trying to order a sweater and wanted to get my color before it sold out.

They really show no concern whatsoever for us as customers. I don't know why I keep subjecting myself to it, I must be a masochist.

Super Contributor

I reported to Tech Customer Service that I could not get on the Forums for a week-it would load but then my computer would freeze. They always sent back a list of settings-which I had already tried. Now I get an e-mail to set up a password and everything works! Why didn't they just tell me they were setting up a new system and just be patient! Tech is totally worthless!