Respected Contributor

Re: Please Don't Interrupt Valerie

I too find this grating and annoying, but I think these hosts are told to repeat quantity left, push QVC cc,

etc. They mistake loud and pushy for enthusiasm.

When Rachel started as a host she was very lovely to watch and listen to as was JC. I believe they are told by 

management to ramp up their “game.”

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

I too find this grating and annoying, but I think these hosts are told to repeat quantity left, push QVC cc,

When Rachel started as a host she was very lovely to watch and listen to as was JC. I believe they are told by management to ramp up their “game.”

Some of the hosts are able to do this better than others.

Regular Contributor

I think QVC should put up the green, yellow and red chart like they do with clothing.  they could also add a counter above the color.  that would stop the constant reminders of colors and quantity left. 

Esteemed Contributor

@10000thnickname wrote:

I can't watch Rachel because she doesn't let Valerie speak. She keeps interrupting and talking over Valerie. I'd like to watch the Valerie presentation that's on the air now. 
But I just want to hear Valerie talk....please, can't someone recommend that Rachel not  talk non-stop and not  interrupt Valerie.
I can tell Valerie gets upset. 

I'm sure Rachel is a nice person. But I can't watch this!

@10000thnickname ...... YES, I agree with you ... I saw part of the show this AM & wanted to stuff a towel in Rachel’s mouth through the TV ... it was very obvious that Valerie was getting upset .... somebody has to have a talk with Rachel 🤭

Respected Contributor

Watching Rachel this morning with Valerie made me long for the wonderful Lisa Mason. Lisa and Valerie had a wonderful rapport togther. Lisa and Valerie were always in harmony together.

Respected Contributor

Not that managment would consent to this ... but do any of you feel

Valerie could do the show without a host ??  Just curious .. I could

pichure it ....it would certainly be calm and low key .....

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Could it be something in the water? Or something in the air that some of them have become so loud and frantic?

@shaggygirl  ... I think it’s fear for their job😰

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did not watch this show but can just imagine...I looked at the videos of a few of the items that I was interested in from this morning show. The difference between Valerie and Rachel is that Valerie is soft and laid back and Rachel is rough sandpaper!  Rachel needs to keep her hands to herself and off all the products and/or foods while she is talking non-stop over the vendor.  I find her stomach turning with her overbearing behavior and flailing arms and hands all the time.  She and Alberti together on food programs are a juvenile disaster and I refuse to watch any of their shows together or solo!

Respected Contributor

I have thought more about this ... can't you just pichure Valerie ... like

a low key friend .. showing you around her house ... ( the set ) ...

I think it would be great

@Big Joanie wrote:

Not that managment would consent to this ... but do any of you feel

Valerie could do the show without a host ??  Just curious .. I could

pichure it ....it would certainly be calm and low key .....

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

When Rachel started as a host she was very lovely to watch and listen to as was JC. I believe they are told by 

management to ramp up their “game.”

I agree that the hosts are prob told to repeat quantity

and QVC card info also....but i think some of them take

that to another level.......most of the older established

hosts do promote the Q card and advise of quantity....but not every 5 seconds.  

And i do agree with you about Rachel and JC........and Rachel has pumped things up alot.....BUT JC turned into a COMPLETELY different person....unwatchable i feel....

and not just by updating quantity and Q cards....the whole demeanor