Super Contributor

Re: Please Don't Interrupt Valerie

I think Valerie alone would be AMAZING.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Big Joanie wrote:

I have thought more about this ... can't you just pichure Valerie ... like

a low key friend .. showing you around her house ... ( the set ) ...

I think it would be great

@Big Joanie wrote:

Not that managment would consent to this ... but do any of you feel

Valerie could do the show without a host ??  Just curious .. I could

pichure it ....it would certainly be calm and low key .....

@Big Joanie @10000thnickname 

And hey this morning it was Valerie that even made mention of the Q card....I think Valerie is ready to solo....Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

I did not watch this show but can just imagine...I looked at the videos of a few of the items that I was interested in from this morning show. The difference between Valerie and Rachel is that Valerie is soft and laid back and Rachel is rough sandpaper!  Rachel needs to keep her hands to herself and off all the products and/or foods while she is talking non-stop over the vendor.  I find her stomach turning with her overbearing behavior and flailing arms and hands all the time.  She and Alberti together on food programs are a juvenile disaster and I refuse to watch any of their shows together or solo!

@ScarletDove   I couldn't have said it better.  You can be glad you didn't watch.  I could only tolerate 5-10 min.  Rachel couldn't keep her mouth shut for a second.  I absolutely cannot watch Rachel or Alberti and together on the food shows are......as you said......a juvenile disaster!!  They are so phony.

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

Not that managment would consent to this ... but do any of you feel

Valerie could do the show without a host ??  Just curious .. I could

pichure it ....it would certainly be calm and low key .....

@Big Joanie - I agree that Valerie would do well on her own, but I definitely get the impression that she likes having someone there with her to more directly share her thoughts and tips and to chat with about her items.

Super Contributor

I like Katie McGee with Valerie. It’s a nice quiet soft show.
Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

It should have been a wonderful show to pick up many items.  Why oh why do they ever pair her with Valerie??! She pounces on every word, and Valerie’s descriptions and tips are cut off and forever lost.

@Caaareful Shopper  You said it very well.......She pounces on every word, like Valerie doesn't know anything and she has to repeat it.  She knows nothing herself, just what she hears and then repeats it.   She does this w/all the vendors.  She is so loud and needs to be the center of attention........unwatchable!

If you think Rachael is bad you should have seen poor Valerie with Rick the other night.  Talk about unwatchable!  Turned it right off.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

ITA!  I couldn't watch either.  I also cant watch Rick D.  It has been along time since I have watched him and now I know why.  He shouts at you, he tells the vendor to go over the colors of the TSV and then interrupts her.  It was a train wreck.  

@Pecky - I have to agree with you. I'm not looking forward to Rick hosting the finale show with Valerie tonight. He doesn't know anything about decor (and often says as much throughout the presentations) and continually interrupts with awkward exclamations to fill what he seems to think is too much quiet. Valerie does have a slightly calming effect on him, but it just isn't enough to make things comfortable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess there's been so many bad host pairings with some of my favorite vendors that I actually didn't mind Rachel..I know you probably can't imagine but there have been shows that were much worse!!!!!.....But yes hosts interrupting vendors is a pet peeve of mine ......

@10000thnickname 

There are times when Valerie seems frustrated .......I recall a show with Jane T. and Valerie and Jane T was especially hyper, and took total control and had turned the show into her personal "family hour" and poor Valerie was finding it difficult to say anything at all.....I think Jane T even wore down Valerie's patience because Valerie made an oh so polite and subtle remark about not being able to get a word in, but it went right over Jane's head...and Valerie just succombed to Jane's take over.....I was a bit amused by Valerie's remark...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

When I was watching Antonella yesterday with Valerie, it seemed like she was letting Valerie do most of the talking during the show.  Valerie looked like she was enjoying herself very much.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PickyCindy wrote:

When I was watching Antonella yesterday with Valerie, it seemed like she was letting Valerie do most of the talking during the show.  Valerie looked like she was enjoying herself very much.  

@PickyCindy  I watched that show and it was a true pleasure.  This was Valeries show and Antonella let her have the limelight, and Valerie was really showing her "JOY".  Antonella is a happy and strong personality but when she is with someone like Valerie she is taking it all in, enjoying, amazed and learning, and this indeed shows the treasure a pairing like Antonella and Valerie provides the viewing audience.