Super Contributor

Please Don't Interrupt Valerie

[ Edited ]

I can't watch Rachel because she doesn't let Valerie speak. She keeps interrupting and talking over Valerie. I'd like to watch the Valerie presentation that's on the air now. 
But I just want to hear Valerie talk....please, can't someone recommend that Rachel not  talk non-stop and not  interrupt Valerie.
I can tell Valerie gets upset. 

I'm sure Rachel is a nice person. But I can't watch this!

Honored Contributor

Re: Please Don't Interrupt Valerie

Rachel is not my favorite pairing with Valerie, by far, but I think you are imposing your own “upset” onto Valerie.  Valerie has too much grace and charm and experience to ever show that she’s upset.  They have a different temperament as a team, but Valerie does not seem upset at all.

I wish Rachel would calm down and ditch the cartoon noises, she is just a different personality for these Valerie decor shows.  

Super Contributor

I noticed Valerie sitting staring ahead while Rachel interrupted her. That's why I thought she was bothered. I am sure it passed.
Regardless, I know this much...Valerie KNOWS decorating and knows her products. 
Therefore, she is the person who should be talking.

Honored Contributor

I really hate when the hosts interrupts the vendor @10000thnickname .  I'd so rather hear about the product than whatever the host has to say about how many left, etc.

Super Contributor

Oh, me too. I guess I was raised to be respectful and it's clear that Valerie was also raised to be respectful. She is very patient and soft-spoken. I like that.

Esteemed Contributor

Valerie was co hosting with JC the other day and couldn't finish a sentence......so distracting

Contributor

This show is truly unwatchable.

Honored Contributor

It should have been a wonderful show to pick up many items.  Why oh why do they ever pair her with Valerie??! She pounces on every word, and Valerie’s descriptions and tips are cut off and forever lost.

Honored Contributor

I wanted to watch too.

After a few minutes, I couldn't because Valerie has such an easy to listen to voice and I find Rachel's to be so loud and strident. I have heard her with a normal softer voice but I guess the loud shouting does not bother the ones monitoring presentations.

And while Valerie was beginning to talk about the clips for the tree, Rachel was yelling how much, how many left, let me do colors! So disappointing not to even want to listen anymore.

I used to watch all of Valerie's shows but I usually don't or only for a few minutes. Then I have to turn it off.

It is not just Rachel who interrupts and talks about numbers, and cost, and easy pay and the stupid credit card, everything under the sun I don't care about. It is how the "hosts" have been encouraged to yell and create what I guess they think is excitement. It only means more and more times not watching.

And for me as a customer, (now pretty much former customer), if I can't watch and look forward and be excited about watching, I am not going to buy anything.

I can go to the video, but just lose any enthusiasm I might have had.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@PartDeux wrote:

This show is truly unwatchable.

@PartDeuxI agree 110%.  I absolutely cannot watch Rachael anyway.  I had Valerie's show on while getting dressed this morning.  Figured I could put up w/Rachel because I wanted to see Valerie.....wrong!  I just kept thinking......Rachel, be quiet!!  I turned it off and checked online.