Honored Contributor

Re: Peyton Kelley leaving the Q

Wishing him the best. He seemed to know the biz. I'm not a diamond girl and didn't watch especially if certain hosts were with him.

Honored Contributor

He can write his own ticket with his experience & knowledge.

If the Q nudged him out, it's our loss and Mr Kelly's gain.

Honored Contributor

Peyton Kelley is the jewelry buyer; Nancy is a host who just happened the get the gemology certification.  

QVC's jewelry sales have been doing poorly for years while other channels seem to be doing fine.  Maybe they want a change.  QVC has always been years behind in the new trends.  We'd bought all we wanted and we're sick of druzy and black spinel before Q ever showed one piece.   They stayed with the bronze long after everyone else started doing sterling and gold again.  The jewelry designs on the Q are too old fashioned; same old stuff year after year.  I can see where they need some new and fresh. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

You are totally confused.  He is the resident Gemologist for QVC.  You must not watch the jewelry shows.  He is on quite often.

Honored Contributor

That's a shame, I enjoyed his rich experiences and knowledge when he came on.  His experience can't be replaced and as much respect as I have for Nancy for going through the program.... she really needs to stop her self promotion by saying she is one of QVC's certified gemologists  e v e r y time she comes on to present jewelry......

I cringe every time I hear her do this.... other people can do it for her but it's uncomfortable to hear her after all this time as passed since she became certified.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I can see where getting Payton Kelly mixed up with Cinton Kelly wouldn't be hard.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@ridgway To whom are you directing your comment?  Peyton is a graduate gemmologist who is the jewelry buyer.  Being a gemmologist is a prerequisite for that job, like having a teaching certificate is necessary to teach school. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

While I wish Peyton only the best, this is a surprise. Software, U R naive. "Write your own ticket", very few people can do this. Age is a discriminating factor for Mr. Kelly along with a long tenure at QVC. Best 2 U PeytonSmiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

ITA! Nancy is NO Peyton Kelly and needs to get over herself.

Honored Contributor

This thread has been hilarious.

He's a geologist, gemologist, showed diamonds and had a fashion line.

This is one talented man!