Occasional Contributor

Re: Peyton Kelley leaving the Q

I like Nancy and think she does a great job hosting but I prefer Peyton for gem knowledge and information,  he brought an added dimension and made every gem show  

a joy to watch,  his shoes can't be filled IMHO.

Honored Contributor

@mzlg wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

That's a shame, I enjoyed his rich experiences and knowledge when he came on.  His experience can't be replaced and as much respect as I have for Nancy for going through the program.... she really needs to stop her self promotion by saying she is one of QVC's certified gemologists  e v e r y time she comes on to present jewelry......

I cringe every time I hear her do this.... other people can do it for her but it's uncomfortable to hear her after all this time as passed since she became certified.... 

@Q4u, as you stated, you have respect for Nancy going through the GIA program. 

Many of us over the years, have heard Nancy talk about her studying for her GIA credential and how proud she was when she passed her tests, which was & is quite an acheivement.  When you consider how many Hosts the Q has had that show & sale jewelry, to my knowledge Nancy (and possibly Jane Tracey) are the only ones that have completed such an endeavor.

Nancy, like the other Hosts had/has other responsibilities and issues, yet she took on this extra activity. 

~

When you consider the many "new" viewers to the Q and how the Vendors and Hosts, repeatedly tell their stories, their reasons why or how a product was developed, it only stands to reason that Nancy would clarify her certification / knowledge when talking about gem stones.

~

As @Spurt, pointed out Peyton, 'went to the actual countries and visited mines and talked to collectors selling the gems', so his knowledge and experience is a great loss to the Q customer.

I could be wrong, but perhaps, as time goes by and circumstances change, Nancy seems like she would take on the challenges and adventures, as Peyton did. 

~

Regardless, with Peyton moving on from the Q and on to a new chapter is his life, I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do.

I understand that there are new customers tuning in all the time who may not know about her achievement.   Her knowledge of gems and jewelry should come to the fore every time she presents a piece of jewelry.  It should speak for itself, after all, other certified gemologists don't come on (re: Peyton) and have it be one of the first things they say to the audience.   She has the knowledge.... show off the knowledge while presenting the item.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*

Peyton Kelley is an experienced gemologist and geologist who brought many "vault finds" from his journeys in search of rare gems. I have his rings made of natural untreated Mozambique rubies and Brazilian emeralds he found in his travels, as well as very rare aquamarines he found from mines that are now closed. He will be missed.

Regular Contributor

He seems to have been replaced by Michele Lau and Jeff Moseley.  These two are very knowledgeable in the world of gemstones and are a nice addition to QVC.  Some of the other people in the jewelry area of the Q have been there for a long time and perhaps left to pursue other venues, retire or so new blood could be added.  It will be fun to see what comes of Peyton and David Markstein leaving.  More jewelry shows would be nice.  Lately, the emphasis seems to be on make-up, clothes and beauty utensils. I could live without so much of it.

I will miss Peyton Kelly very much.  He has class and a marvelous personality.  So sorry he couldn't stay!

Honored Contributor

Yesterday checking out gems watched Peyton Kelly presentation. He was knowledgeable and pleasing to listen and watch. Miss him! Hope wherever his travels take him he knows what a great pleasure his talents are. Peyton, I ejoyed your attention to detail. 💓🙋

Trusted Contributor

Nancy may be a gemologist, but I find her difficult to watch.  She seems to think faster than she speaks, then loses track of where she is.  I think she could do a good job, if she didn't feel the need to speak so fast.  Either that, or, she needs to prepare for her shows in a more efficient way.

Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear Peyton left QVC and David Markstein too. I remember Michelle Lau from other channels, she seems great! Lots of changes for sure. Who's the gold buyer now?

I have been watching Peyton Kelley for a long time on QVC, he comes across as a gentle, kind, genuine person, who i trust when he describes and talks about the jewelery line he represents, he is soft spoken and i miss him on QVC, i see he has been replaced by Mr. Moseley, i dont particular enjoy watching him, i do like his wife erin who seems genuine and pleasant, there is just something about her husband that does'nt feel genuine to me, that is just my opinion, i just dont understand the quick departure??? of Peyton, im sure the hosts will truly miss him as well.

I will miss Peyton.  I thought he was interesting to listen to.  I do wish that QVC would go back to the quality gold they used to sell.  The gold they sell nowadays is very light weight.  It doesn't feel like the gold they used to sell years ago.  I am always hesitant now because it is too expensive to keep sending things back.  Years ago they covered the shipping to return it.  Also, I am so tired of all the sterling silver.