Esteemed Contributor

Re: Petites... Need more Petite Tops from all Brands

@insomniac2 wrote:

QVC fails to recognize that millions of women are short.

...not only "millions," but the average American woman is 5'3-3/4" tall and l66 pounds.

Respected Contributor

Amen!  I have been requesting petite tops for years.  I was told it is not up to the designer, it is up to QVC.  They aren't listening.  Many department stores, including Lord and Taylor, have eliminated their petite departments.  Tops in Petite are just as important as Pants.

Regular length, especially on tunic tops, are too long in length and sleeve length.   

Respected Contributor

@insomniac2

And losing just as many millions because of it.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Regular Contributor

I totally agree...it is not only about tunics. Arms are too long, as is the the length from the shoulder to the bust. I am about to give up on most designers, as I am tired of paying for the returns!

Regular Contributor

Yes yes yes ... we need petite length tops.  My 'go to" tops are my older QVC tops that were shorter in length.  The new longer lengths make me look fuller and more matronly.  I've even toyed with the idea of attempting to hem tops but, given the fabrics, I don't think the finished product would look polished (unless, of course, you took them to a tailor but that would sure add up).  I barely order tops on QVC anymore.  Even if they don't offer official petites, I think they should throw different lengths into the regular mix to suit different tastes and then we could watch for those shorter ones.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu - just wanted to make sure you see this thread, my LOGO friend.  Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

I agree ,  Wish for more petite tops.  Most are just too long.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

Amen!  I have been requesting petite tops for years.  I was told it is not up to the designer, it is up to QVC.  They aren't listening.  Many department stores, including Lord and Taylor, have eliminated their petite departments.  Tops in Petite are just as important as Pants.

Regular length, especially on tunic tops, are too long in length and sleeve length.   

I have been requesting petites for years too.  That is one of the reasons I stopped buying Susan Graver's line.  (one of the other reasons is the much higher prices)    I do buy some Linea as his jackets are usually okay, but the pants are too long.   Macy's online has a lot of petites so I'm shopping there most of the time now.  In some pants they have petite and petite-short, in many sizes.  I like the free shipping too.

Respected Contributor

My biggest pet peeve is when the vendor or host says "if you are petite this will be okay, just a little longer"; or "if you are petite you can just roll the waist".  No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is not the answer!  The garment in regular is designed all around for someone 5'4" or taller and if they are not offering it in petite, we are looking at it on models 5'9" so it will look entirely differently on someone 5'1".  Bottom line, it costs them money to offer it in petite sizes. Once I was listening and they did have a top in Petite.  Unfortunately, I did not like it.  The host said "okay, you short people, you have been asking for it so you better buy it" or something like that.  I thought, yes we have been asking, but just because you offered one top we are suppose to order it to keep petites coming?

Honored Contributor

I dislike when they say an item will fit petites when it fits the models that are 5'10" tall.  I find a top that is too long looks awful on me.  Susan Graver  and others say it covers up what you want to cover.  I find it just makes me look shorter and dumpy.  Pants can be altered, but it is costly and involves taking it to someone and then picking it up.   Jill B. said one time they cannot stock petites because they do not have warehouse room.  I don't buy that.  They seem to have room for everything else plus many items are sent from the vendors and aren't stored at QVC.