Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have no idea what you're talking about.  I don't see anyone getting beaten up.  If things get contentious on a thread, all one has to do is back off and quit posting on that thread.

What she's talking about is that the boards SHOULD be a fun place.  Not a place to be attacked, like I was a few months ago for just asking a question.  The boards should not be a place to hurt or berate anyone.  That's what she means.  That's all.  Actually if someone is afraid or having issues, they can come here for advice or just support.  That would be nice too.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@bewise wrote:

Isn't it sad,that if a person states anything,about anything,these nasty people will actually just beat you up.Our world today is something else.The sad thing they hide,so you never really know them.Glad I don't know them,their not my kind of person I would want to know.

If you are in any way sensitive @bewise , regarding what people think of your viewpoints, the internet is the last place to go to for agreement. It's like the Wild West and appears it won't change anytime soon.😳

Right, because people hide in anonymity.  Anyone can state their opinion without being brash about it but they are hidden so they dive in head first.

Respected Contributor

Ladies!  Put down the knives!  We must love one another.  Just drop this whole he said she said and KNOW that we are ALL in a battle....we ALL struggle.

We should be supporting each other. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@4kitties yes,there can be rude,sarcastic,hurtful comments on here,but you always have that option to not comment either but by know means,do not be bullied!

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

Oh I have been here long enough to handle it all.  I have never felt bullied here.

I just have decided to stay away when things get heated, avoid certain threads and come back when it all dies down!😉😉😉😉😉

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@4kitties bulliling goes on in everyday life.sometimes adults are worse than kids.when this happens,I try to say something kind to the person being picked on.hope you have a nice weekend!

Respected Contributor

@77yangya I agree with you 100 percent!

Honored Contributor

The thing is that people will be very nice to someone in person, chances are, if not they'll get their nose re-arranged.  But on threads where there is an opinion to be given and you can hide your identity, people can be pretty wretched to each other.  I find the forums on QVC to be far better than most, and very well monitored, but that's not saying there still aren't people who get off on the mess they make.

Early in my computer life I happened upon a couple of Political threads out there and spent far too much time entwined in them,  One or two people were horribly offensive and became embroiled in political discourse (right, wrong or indifferent) and someone decided to go after one of the people.  The person found out where one of these people lived and went after them in person!.  At the time it was huge but proved to me how to act when on discussion boards. 

These discussion boards on QVC  are great, even better than they used to be.  I'd suggest going over to a board that has intense discussions and see how well you might fit in.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@shoechic wrote:

I don't care what people like. Their opinion doesn't bother me at all. What I can't stand is when WOMEN use words like dumpy, hobo, homely, trash, etc. to describe Q fashions knowing other WOMEN may like/love & wear. These words trigger me. Stop tearing WOMEN down.

EXACTLY @shoechic  - these Forums are QVC property.

The primary purpose is to service/support QVC stakeholders which includes QVC and HSN CUSTOMERS.

There are posters that specifically target hosts, vendors and customers to post inflammatory comments and insults. It's become worse and it's inappropriate. 

This may be true; however, that's why we have monitors. It's not your job. The way you attack fellow posters is worse than anything another poster says about anything or anybody.