Esteemed Contributor

Re: Penalized for receiving damaged goods

Just wanted to thank you for reading the forums.  Nice to know QVC cares.  

Contributor

I have been with the Q since 1987 and never been charged when returning damaged goods. Also I think some people think they have  to use the Q label and pay their charge. If u think the return charges will be cheaper, use your own label. 

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Ane1Care, not a problem, I can comment your account so that you are not charged for return postage. Alice

Honored Contributor

You needn't even call CS.  You check off Defective on the return receipt and write in Comments what the problem is.  If it's obvious, QVC won't deduct the cost of any shipping and will give you a full refund.  If the defect is not so obvious which usually happens on clothing, I write a brief note in the comments section and "see pin."  And I put a safety pin where the issue is on the garment  (such as a hole, or a separated seam or some such thing - hasn't happened to me in a while).  and then the people who check in the item will see it and no shipping fees will deducted from your refund.  If later you discover they are, then you can call CS and straighten it out with them.  But you don't have to waste your time calling if there is an obvious defect, you check that off as your reason for return, and you write a brief comment what the problem is.

Honored Contributor

@Ane1Care wrote:

Thank you all!

No I haven't called yet as it literally just came, it took a minute to post this. I wasn't ranting, just a little bummed. I wasn't sure whether to call first and be on hold for an hour just to be told I would have to pay, since it doesn't state on the form damaged goods aren't charged. 

Thank you QVC for not punishing me on it. I've been burned by other companies for an issue that wasn't my fault. I didn't want to deal with tired over worked CS reps that wouldn't help the situation. 

Again, thank you! 

--Ane

@Ane1Care  I find QVC answers calls almost immediately, so you would not have had to wait an hour.  You should always call customer service if there is any problem, not just come here to complain before you have even tried to rectify the matter.

Super Contributor

@mousiegirl

I've never had to call CS with QVC before, so I just assumed (yeah I know what they say) it would be like the other times I've dealt with CS reps on the phone. I just wanted to document it immediately. So I came here. It wasn't really a complaint, though I understand it being taken that way, as it was a question as to why we have to pay for mistake that wasn't our fault. I read the return label and didn't read anything about a damages being a free return. I was just bummed I had to pay shipping twice on product that was damaged. This was the first time this has happened to me.

Again, I apologize for not calling. I'm sick right now and my voice sounds like a classic Disney hag / witch, and a sore throat to boot. I realize I should've worded it differently, now.

Since I have the issue straightened out I would like to delete this post and go hide under a rock. Mods, could you help with deleting it? I tried deleting old post before with no luck.

Honored Contributor

Always call CS if something like this happens so they can notate your account.  They don't always read the return information inside the box right away nor do they check the merchandise.  Sometimes they just scan and refund.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Always call CS if something like this happens so they can notate your account.  They don't always read the return information inside the box right away nor do they check the merchandise.  Sometimes they just scan and refund.

Which is exactly why I said to call if she sees it hasn't been taken care of.  

I don't like to waste my time on the phone with CS unnecessarily, so I call only IF after notating the defect - which in this case is really obvious and would be easily seen esp. when noting it on the return slip -- it the postage has been deducted when it shouldn't have been.  I don't ALWAYS call CS beforehand if I think the folks checking in the item will see the obvious defect, as in this case.

But to each her own.  Whoever wants to spend time on the phone with CS when they may not have to, have at it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If there is a defect, I call CS to get it notated right from the start, then I don't have any concerns about S&H being refunded. It only takes a minute, then it's done. It's also more simple to take care of on the front end or the process than to go at it from the back end., IMO.

Edited to correct a word mispelled.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

My thoughts exactly.....

@Kachina624 wrote:

Seriously,  do you really think you'd be charged return shipping for a damaged Item?   Your first action should have been to call CS,  not post here.