Respected Contributor

Re: Peeps Lens Cleaner---Anyone able to get it to work?

I received mine the other day and it works fine. I wear my glasses all day long and hate it when they're smudged. I just followed the directions on the side of the box and they cleaned my glasses very well.

Respected Contributor

Do you have the anti glare coating on your lens?  I opted out of having that coating...its a smudge waiting to happen and I could never get them clean.  Maybe thats w hy the peeps work for me.

Valued Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

Do you have the anti glare coating on your lens?  I opted out of having that coating...its a smudge waiting to happen and I could never get them clean.  Maybe thats w hy the peeps work for me.

Yes I do have the anti glare coating!! Perhaps that's the problem....

I actually ended up washing them twice with soap and water and at least for a few minute they were clean!! Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

The Peeps work on my glasses, and I do have the coating mentioned. I like mine very much. I do wash my glasses every morning with soap and water.
Valued Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

I agree about the anti glare coating, I spent a fortune on a pair of glasses with it and they were impossible to keep clean. I had to order another pair without it, the peeps work well but I did discover that one of the microfiber clothes by Campanelli does a better job than anything I've ever tried.  The peeps are very convenient though to have in your car or purse.

Occasional Contributor

Mine works just fine. It removes the smudges. It is easy to carry. I love it!

Respected Contributor

They're fabulous!!  They clean my new perscription glasses better then the store glass cleaner.  Glad i ordered this product.  Was a good buy.  

Contributor

I ordered them too because I have the worst time with smudges, lint and face oils getting on my lenses.  I start by brushing any loose dirt with the brush, then I do one eye, squeeze fairly tightly and go from top to bottom . I stick the unit back in so I can have the "fresh" pad they claim (because yes, smudges will still be there), then I do it again....takes two times per lens, but it does work...LOL....no different than when I use that little microfiber cloth they give you with the glasses...I have to do that twice too, so no big deal for me.

Honored Contributor

Once weekly I clean my glasses with a liquid cleaner. In between smudges I use the Peeps. I just ordered a second set because they are efficient and quick...

Contributor

Hi! Great question! I bought the special sale price peeps too and at first use was amazed and in love with the product. Peeps take up a little bit of space and I can have them near my desk or in my purse. It started to smudge things around more since I have used in 2 weeks now. What I did was like another person posted - if it's smudging, make sure there's no debris on the glass and then swish the peeps in again like you're getting more mascara LOL and then it's usually fine. I'm curious how long the Peeps will last since I thought they mentioned a certain amount of uses?!