Valued Contributor

Peeps Lens Cleaner---Anyone able to get it to work?

[ Edited ]

So I do wear glasses and pretty much all the time they are totally dirty.  The other day when I saw the this super cool looking cleaner I almost bought two sets right away.

I have tried them on my sunglasses and regular glasses and I have to say I don't think they really DO ANYTHING.  The same smudges and spots that were there before I tried to use the devise are still there after!!! Smiley Sad

Has anyone been able to get them to work?

This was the special the other night on Qs second channel!!

Given that it was only $17 when I got it on special prcing or so it really doesn't make sense to send it back.....Smiley Sad

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 7.18.41 PM.png

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Peeps Lens Cleaner---Anyone able to get it to work?

When I saw these, I checked on Amazon ( like I do ) and the reviews were not good . A lot of them said that they just smeared the smudge around. I decided not to order.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I love mine.  After brushing off the lens with the brush I lightly use the tweezer portion and they come out really clean.  

Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

When I saw these, I checked on Amazon ( like I do ) and the reviews were not good . A lot of them said that they just smeared the smudge around. I decided not to order.

I am very gullible!!

Maybe this will teach me finally!

Valued Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

I love mine.  After brushing off the lens with the brush I lightly use the tweezer portion and they come out really clean.  

I kept thinking I must be using them incorrectly.

Are your glasses typically smudgy or not that dirty?

Honored Contributor

Everytime I go the eye drs, the assistant cleans my glasses.  One day I asked her what she uses because my glasses always looks like there are no lenses in them.  That's how clean they are.

She gave me a bottle of Ultra Clarity along w/a cleaning cloth.

Ultra Clarity - Lens Cleaner 6oz Spray Bottle, Standard & Anti Reflective Lenses

It's sold at the drs office & Walmart for $8.  I didn't have to pay.  Told me it was "on the house."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

But that spray bottle is so inconvenient.

Too bad the Peeps don't work for the OP, it looks perfect for traveling.

I also read the reviews and backed off before ordering

@Mz iMac

Respected Contributor

I bought a set of Peeps. One for my husband & one for myself. They work really well & we love them.

Honored Contributor

I purchased a similar, slightly larger item from the same company as Peeps through a FB ad, for my iPad. I too feel it doesn't actually clean the glass, just moves the smudges around. I was not impressed. I gave up on it as pretty useless.

I bought a huge box of alcohol-misted wipes and every day I use one to actually clean my iPad screen and my eyeglasses. Much more satisfactory.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I use hot water and a microfiber cloth to clean my glasses Sunday thru Friday.  On Saturday, I get a good lather going with a gentle soap and clean my glasses.  Always wipe your lenses from side to side, especially if you have glare protection. Use microfiber to wipe your lenses.  These seem to take care of smudges, etc for me.