Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

Doesn't easy pay cost you if you do not pay your credit card in full each month?

@Daysdee - Technically, yes, unless you have a Q Card. All you need to do is pay at least the minimum amount the card company (Synchrony Bank) calculates for you based on your current balance. This is one of the main reasons I like my Q Card—other reasons being Easy Pay on anything (which is great for large or multiple-item purchases), keeping my QVC charges separate from my other expenses specifically because I don't incur interest (I always pay at least half my balance regardless of the minimum), and the account credit I got from signing up in the first place. I know this isn't a good solution for everyone, but since I'm not a heavy Q shopper, it works perfectly for me.

@loriqvc  If you're not paying off  the entire balance in full every month you're incurring additional charges, interest charges.  You're just paying them to Syncrony, not Qvc.

@Harvard99 - That is not true. I have never paid a penny in interest on my Q Card purchases, even when I have not paid my balance in full. I check my statements every month and have done calculations of my individual payments to verify this.

ETA: I just checked my December 2018 Q Card statement:

interest.PNG

@loriqvc  Are you saying Syncrony Bank CC does not charge interest on unpaid balances? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paying for Easy Pay

[ Edited ]

@Harvard99 - In my experience with the Q Card, that is correct. I believe it might have some specific application to Easy Pay plans; perhaps Synchrony has an arrangement with QVC in that regard (though I don't use Easy Pay for things under $20, so there are certainly some full-price purchases in my account history). I know some hosts have mentioned that there are no additional charges for using Easy Pay on a Q Card, but of course I now can't recall whether they made any references to interest or whether they just meant that using Easy Pay in general is free. I'll have to listen for that next time...

Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Harvard99 - In my experience with the Q Card, that is correct. I believe it might have some specific application to Easy Pay plans; perhaps Synchrony has an arrangement with QVC in that regard. I know some hosts have mentioned that there are no additional charges for using Easy Pay on a Q Card, but of course I now can't recall whether they made any references to interest or whether they just meant that using Easy Pay in general is free. I'll have to listen for that next time...

@loriqvc  They sure make it complicated don't they?  I guess it's necessary?!? Lol 

Trusted Contributor

@ULY wrote:

@CLHS68 wrote:

I m not sure what you are talking about because the price is the same if you use easy pay or not. When you get your bill pay it & no service charges. Of course you can find things cheaper elsewhere. So buy where they are cheaper.

What she means (at least from my POV) is that on some items you do end up paying more for an item with large easy pay. In other words, there isn't a fee, per se, but some of the items are more expensive than other outlets. As an example, look at the price of some Nintendo Switch games. When I last looked you did get the convenience of spreading out the payments at an added cost (for the game) over other places selling the same item.

@ULY yes, that’s exactly what I meant. Of course I’m going to buy where I can find the best price, and that’s rarely QVC, unless it’s a “bundle” where you can’t exactly price match, a Q exclusive brand, or a Lunchtime Special. And I add the cost of shipping into the price, because I can get almost anything with free shipping, whether I use Prime or not, and I can ship it back for free too. 

Easy Pay used to be offered on select items for a limited time. Now you can get anything on easy pay if you just wait a few hours. I see that as QVC’s only competitive edge. 

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

@CLHS68

I think what the original poster is trying to say is that the price is higher than it should be because it costs qvc to offer easy pay so the price is passed on to everyone.  At least that is how I take it.

Honored Contributor

I am confused. I always thought that if you didn't pay the balance off each month that you were charged interest.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I am confused. I always thought that if you didn't pay the balance off each month that you were charged interest.

@Group 5 minus 1yes, that's true. BUT the point I was making that QVC's prices (especially when S/H is added) are often higher than other online outlets, particularly for the brands I buy often--Earth, Clarks, Peacle Love World, Dooney, Miz Mooz, and more national brands. I believe that QVC's only competetive edge is the fact that they offer Easy Pay on most items, now most of the time. I seems to me that some people are willing to pay more for an item just so they can use Easy Pay, which would, in essence, be like paying a finance charge.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson