Honored Contributor

Re: Patti Reilly update for all her fans

@Krimpette wrote:

I remember her being on QVC.  Not sure I recall her being "very popular".  She seemed to have developed an attitude after her weight loss which was not a good thing.

I didn't know she had fans. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I always felt bad about how she was treated on this board.  She was never a "star" her at QVC, she was a worker bee host and very good at the job.  And then she lost weight and people just turned on her.  They never forgave her for that.  Odd because LR who was her good friend also started working out and lost weight but she wasn't attacked the way Patti was.  We still don't know what she's doing professionally but she does look really good and she seems quite happy. 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember her; nothing "exceptional" as a host. On the level of that Lisa Robertson who was here years ago.

Respected Contributor

Would not have recognized her.  Looks like she has had her lips done, cheek implants and maybe her eyes done.  Too bad.  Reminds me of Lisa Rhinnas face.

Esteemed Contributor

I really did not have much of an opinion about her hosting job ...could take her or leave her.  But in that link, she looks totally different!!   I would have never picked her out of a lineup!

Respected Contributor

Patti did a nice job presenting that sponge thing on HSN.  She looked very pretty but different - More glamourous, or something. I had heard she was working for a company in GA.

Honored Contributor

Re: e Re: Patti Reilly update for all her fans

Anyone who loves Miniature American Shepherds,  also know as mini Aussies,  has got to be a basically good person.   Great little dogs. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I had to go look and even though I was glad she left, she looks great.  That sponge seems really supid.  20.00 for a sponge and 5.00 to ship.  No thanks.  One of those things you buy and regret.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jackaranda wrote:

My take on The Patti chronicals: She was a great , fun host. She was pretty yet very bottom heavy like a lot of women. She starts to hang out with Lisa Robertson. Both single QVC host. Patti gets a trainer and drops the weight and looks fantastic. She really starts to get the attention and yes it went to her head. She starts to flirt with some on the on air male vendors to the point it was cringe worthy. She starts to have private jokes with the male crew off to the side. The boards blow up. Her and Lisa grow apart a little. She stole the spotlight. She fell in love with LA and wanted some kind of tv career. Then she went radio silent on social media. Now she has reappeared.

@Nancy Drew

Yes, that is it in a nutshell. IMHO, she was not "bullied off" on the boards. Look, every host and ex-host has fans...some that are nice and some that are almost on the point of stalkers. Patti had both, so did Lisa. (Still do Smiley Wink)

Spoiler

I do remember one occasion after Patti had lost all the weight and began checking herself out in the monitors ala LaLisa, she was hosting a Dennis Basso show and she was chatty Patti and doing her thing.....and Dennis actually told her to shut up. My mouth dropped.

And she did.

It was not long after that, she left QVC. I don't know if one led to the other, but it happened.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette

I disagree.  She didn't develop an attitude.  She developed confidence.

That's the problem - people mistake confidence for being snotty.

I lost over 100 pounds 10 years ago and never looked back.  I developed self worth, confidence, loved myself (finally) and had a completely different outlook on life.

Patti was the same way.  When she was over-weight, her world was much smaller.  Once she shed the weight, the real Patti came out.  I used to write on her blog and she would respond.  I would encourage her to weight train as well as do cardio.  And she definately listened.  It paid off - her entire body changed - and so did her way of thinking.

Women, especially some on this board, can be jealous and caddy.  That's why a lot of women didn't like her.  She lost weight, looked amazing and kept it off.  She worked hard to get there. 

I love Patti.  She's an amazing lady.  And I miss her on the Q.  I wish her all the best Smiley Happy