Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The one thing I will never forget was Koos (the "designer" who wore the apron) telling Patti on air she was too fat to wear something she was showing.  He was a piece of work and thought his stuff was wonderful.

The look on her face was like she had just been slapped.  I felt so bad for her.

Honored Contributor

In stark contrast to Patti Reilly, Leah is an example of a host who can lose weight, and not have it affect her personality at all. She’s a class act. 

She also doesn’t try to squeeze into a garment that’s too tight. The other day, she was wearing a tee, and said it was a size Medium. The vendor told her she could wear it in a Small.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

In stark contrast to Patti Reilly, Leah is an example of a host who can lose weight, and not have it affect her personality at all. She’s a class act. 

She also doesn’t try to squeeze into a garment that’s too tight. The other day, she was wearing a tee, and said it was a size Medium. The vendor told her she could wear it in a Small.

@handygal2 

👍 👍 👍

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

What happened to Patti Reilly? She lost some weight & her whole personality changed. I know a lot of people who lost weight whose personalities stayed the same.

@NicksmomESQ 

She went from being a pleasant informative QVC host, to a narcisstic, "all about me" Lisa Robertson wanna be....she became obnoxious....flirting with all the male vendors....I was happy when she left QVC.....

What happened to Patti Reilly on QVC? A look at the two posts that I am quoting show as plain as day what happened to her -- she was attacked relentlessly by jealous people.

I hope Patti Reilly is doing well.

Trusted Contributor

I always enjoyed Patti as a host.  

I found her well prepared and knowledgeable, about what she was presenting. 

I never saw a difference in Her personality, but boy, I sure remember a small group, of over the top critics. There were a couple, that would start the anti Patti posts, before her show, even began. There was a poster, who was so hateful, and attacked anyone, that disagreed with her. She seriously  was so obsessed, I wondered about her mental health. 
Who gets that invested, positively or negatively in a host? 

I don't  follow any hosts, past or present, but, I wish them all well. Why wouldn't I! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Patti Reilly on HSN

[ Edited ]

@fff11 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

What happened to Patti Reilly? She lost some weight & her whole personality changed. I know a lot of people who lost weight whose personalities stayed the same.

@NicksmomESQ 

She went from being a pleasant informative QVC host, to a narcisstic, "all about me" Lisa Robertson wanna be....she became obnoxious....flirting with all the male vendors....I was happy when she left QVC.....

What happened to Patti Reilly on QVC? A look at the two posts that I am quoting show as plain as day what happened to her -- she was attacked relentlessly by jealous people.

I hope Patti Reilly is doing well.

@fff11 

Ask yourself this as @handygal2  said why were comments and feedback so positive for Leah and her weight loss but not for Patti????.....Leah remained the same personality wise!!!

I am definitely NOT jealous of Patti...It's HER actions and the change SHE made to HER personality that brought about the comments---just read my post that quoted various episodes of HER rudeness with various vendors and even the models (POST #11)....What brought about the actions by the vendors, were the vendors jealous???...I think not....She never acted that way before....

I'm happy with my life and who I am.....If you read Patti's "farewell message"  and social media posts, despite her weight loss, and change in appearance she is one unhappy person that doesnt know who she is, or what she wants to be happy with her life....I wish her no ill well, she just became unwatchable as a presenter thats all Im saying.....good decision she made to move on from QVC,,,,,

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I agree with the posts that state that Patti's personality changed drastically. I have known several people who were like that when they lost weight. I also went through a gastric bypass and lost a lot of weght. I HOPE the only change to my personality was that I was more outgoing and confident. Patti became unbearable - the worst for me was the night she had people carry her out on a bed or mattress or something like that. But, she was always competing with Lisa (at least in her mind) and tried to be her equal. I hope she has found happiness in her life.

Respected Contributor

There may have been something about her weight loss, but I found her very strange toward the end of her time at QVC.  I thought she was going to "lose it."

I think she was very troubled.  Don't know what it was, obviously.  I found it uncomfortable to watch her.

I have lost a lot of weight, and I don't think I am different.

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

I think it is interesting that the hosts leave because  they think  have outgrown QVC.

Kathy thought she would have a talk show.  She is lovely and successful.  Happy home life.

not achieving

the level  she  had at QVC.  Lisa certainly has  had minimal success,.  Patti did not work for a long time.

I think QVC  gave them a great career.