Honored Contributor

Re: Patrick who is covering for Angel for Quacker Factory program

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I would think of the intention behind his comments.  In every way that I have ever seen, Patrick seems like a warm, very respectful, delightful man.  In no way do I take what he said as offensive.  Good grief. 

@Caaareful Shopper  Not sure if you watched the program but Patrick's imitation of Angel and Jeanne sank like a lead balloon.  He was not funny and what the heck is your cash and prizes are covered suppose to mean anyway? It's stupid and demeaning regardless of who says it. 

@puttypiesmom I get it, I respect your opinion about it.  My opinion is totally different.  In addition, if you have ever heard most of Jayne Brown’s fashion presentations, she says “covers your cash & prizes” in nearly every presentation.  That phrase just doesn’t set off my offensive sensibilities, man or woman saying it.

Respected Contributor

What is wrong with you? Nothing he said is offensive. It seems you cannot open your mouth without someone being offend. Patrick is a very nice person.

Respected Contributor

How silly, Patrick meant no offense. Jeanne used all these phrases. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too think he shouldn't use those words.  He was trying to be one of the cool kids but it was actually very uncool.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Patrick seems like a very nice man, and certainly doesn't mean any ill will, but Jeanne Bice died 7 years ago and the world has definetly changed especially with the #MeToo movement and how things said must be PC these days....So I understand he's honoring Jeanne's legacy by quoting her, but it just doesn't quite fit in with today's world............And on the other hand, Renee and Women With Control shouldn't do what she does either....whats good for the goose is good for the gander....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I would think of the intention behind his comments.  In every way that I have ever seen, Patrick seems like a warm, very respectful, delightful man.  In no way do I take what he said as offensive.  Good grief. 

@Caaareful Shopper  Not sure if you watched the program but Patrick's imitation of Angel and Jeanne sank like a lead balloon.  He was not funny and what the heck is your cash and prizes are covered suppose to mean anyway? It's stupid and demeaning regardless of who says it. 

I didn't mind Jean.  But I don't watch any QF presentations now.  They tend to get very immature and silly.  

Occasional Contributor

Here, here and I second that!  I rarely listen to any of the shows in real time.  If there's a show I might be interested in I DVR it so I can fast forward through the inane banter and diversions into personal chatter that has nothing to do with the item being promoted. If I do want more detail I can stop and listen and hope I might actually get some solid information about the item. Otherwise, it's fast forward and I've only spent five or ten minutes of my time. I understand what's one person's useless chit chat might be another's entertainment so if that applies I hope you enjoy it. 

Super Contributor

Oh come in ladies! He's kidding around. Did we firgfowhat that was??? Man, what has happened to us? We all get defensive over WORDS! Remember. . Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me? Man how I wish it were like that again. All the bullying craziness has got to end.😮

Honored Contributor

Men selling women's clothing must tread carefully in this age where people are all set to be insulted or offended by the most mundane thing said.  Patrick is undoubtedly trying to be PC.  Give him some slack.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@colover wrote:

Oh come in ladies! He's kidding around. Did we firgfowhat that was??? Man, what has happened to us? We all get defensive over WORDS! Remember. . Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me? Man how I wish it were like that again. All the bullying craziness has got to end.😮

@coloverno one accused Patrick of being a bully.  He exercised very poor judgment, was immature and made a total fool out of himself.