Trusted Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@amyb wrote:

Agree. I sure wish QVC would go back to more this old school style. I don't think professionalism, down to earth selling, informativeness on the actual products vs. creating a mood, emotion, telling "fairytale scenarios about using the product"...is so outdated or "just for old people" as it may seem. A little fun is fine, and playing on people's emotions to encourage them to want a product will always, I guess, be a part of selling. But it's too silly, at the expense of REAL important product info now.

To me...most of what they do is insulting to the customer...baby, silliness, and made up hyperbole about products, turn me right off. You're not telling me anything I really need to know before buying. Minute I hear a ridiculous comment, off it goes.

Give people the credit, and info they deserve, for them to part with their carefully spent dollars. (albeit they are hoping you are not as "careful" I'm sure.) The rest, to me, is a huge turn-off (which I've done for the most part when it comes to QVC lately, turned it off) and a complete waste of time. I wish the current training and trend for hosts would go back to calm, intelligent, informative, friendly service. Just like you would like when going into your local shops.

You need to give us "old people" a little more credit, We want information just like you do.

@RealtyGal2 I'm not sure you're talking to me or QVC, who has to "give old people" more credit.

If it's me, I think you misread me...I am in that category/demographic. When I ponder what has driven all the changing tone to QVC's selling, I wonder is it the younger people at ther helm, or powers that be judging their target market much different than even 10 years ago. Maybe they find the old school approach, calm style of selling appeals to our older than 50 demographic, but isn't in line with a younger, faster, more "social"(as in social media sensibility) trend now.

So it's them I think think that...not me. 

Honestly, young, old, today, 10 years ago...when buying a producct I don't think some things have changed....Inform me about a product, speak sensibly not silly, tell me the important info. They've always "pretended to be something" to sell...whether it be folksy, our friend, down home, relatable, or now trendy, hip, cool whatever. BUT the difference now is their relating of "important info" is a lot of "say anything stupid" which insults their shopping saavy audience...ESPECIALLY the older shoppers who are quite experienced at sussing out the bull from the meat in the presentations...and still make up a lot of their clientele. Just my thoughts, I might be way off, as I'm not sitting in on marketing meetings...so who knows what they are aiming for anymore, I just, personally think they are missing a lot of the mark lately. 

Certainly, they've lost me in a big way. Maybe I'm no longer a customer they're looking to retain...but by what they sell, it sure seems they should still include me in figuring how their "target market" will be encouraged to buy.

It sounded like you felt that"old people" needed fairytale scenarios in order to make a buying decision, which is insulting. That is what I was responding to. If that is not what you meant then disregard my comment.

Honored Contributor

I'm so boring.......As a host, I wouldn't last a day.

I admire the gift of conversation.  

Wishing Pat and all hosts well.

I'm wondering when Rosina will return from maternity leave.

I enjoy the other two newer hosts.  Vanessa and Monifa (sp?).

Nice and calm with the gift of thoroughly describing each and every item. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

In my humble opinion,Pat is boring and very insecure.  Always apologizing for something.  `

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac    He's beautiful.  They are fabulous dogs an I can understand y our life revolving around him.   Give Murphy a hug and kiss from me.

Trusted Contributor

I think QVC wants to make it feel that the hosts, etc are friends with you and personal so you trust them when they give you their sales pitches.  Reading some of the posts it is obvious it is working.  Some of these people know the models names and the personal lives of hosts, etc.  I believe these viewers are lonely souls and it makes me genuinely sad.

Frequent Contributor

I had no trouble reading and understanding what she wrote.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

????

Your post is very confusing to read. 

No caps, commas, periods ???  What is the issue w/ your poor grammar?

@Tinkerbell3   This was very rude and uncalled for.  I see she hasn't been back to her post.  I am sorry if your post is the reason.  I understood her post.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau