Respected Contributor

????

Your post is very confusing to read. 

No caps, commas, periods ???  What is the issue w/ your poor grammar?

Esteemed Contributor

I put hosts into three categories:  1)Very watchable Like most hosts mentioned.  2) Can take in small doses if interested in product offering  3) Unable to watch under any circumstances.  

We all have personal preferences and for every host I choose not to watch others enjoy.  I would include Katrina to the enjoyable to watch list.  

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper     I like Pat. She's a genuinely nice woman but she goes on and on too much, too much talking even though she has a mellow voice.  And she rarely says what sizes the models are wearing!

Can't stand when a host fails to mention the size the models are wearing @Teddixat !

@San Antonio Gal

Huge pet peeve of mine too! Huge. I wait and wait...they tell me colors 50 times...I CAN SEE what color it is for crying out loud!!

I realize you have to know their house "color names" in order to order...ie. "seashell" for blush pink, or "geranium" for red...however, usually you still know what to order unless there are 4 pinks or something like that. Point is....SIZING, sizing, sizing...is to me the most important of all the banter.

So many times lately...they go on and on about n.o.t.h.i.n.g. for 15 minutes, with 3 people, a model, the host & the vendor all in the clothes...and maybe the host might say what size she's wearing but not the others. And they tell me their height...welll...that helps me know about petite lengths, but not the whole story. I would LOVE if they'd say, I'm 5'2", a size 4 and in the small. You need all that to figure out the dang sizing because, "your 'normal' QVC sizing" they LOVE to say is ALL over the map, depending on brand...even the QVC house brands. Everything is just so inconsistent. But if a host, model, can tell us height, their usual brick & mortar numeric size, it would be a vast help.

"Grace & Lace" is a brand I shop with online...also watch their Facebook lives, where they present their clothing as it comes in...their site & presentations are great...they show a variety of models in all sizes, they discuss & explain sizing SO completely. Their website also shows, for EVERY item, all their models of all sizes, their height and usual size...it is such a help.

When I can't figure out correct sizing, coupled with expenses QVC imposes to try and return....QVC listen up now...I JUST. DON'T. BUY. Period. And it's happening so often now....I JUST DON'T LOOK to you for clothing anymore. But it doesn't hurt my wallet if you don't care....might hurt your bottom line...I don't know. 🤷‍♀️ 

Esteemed Contributor

@Winkk    Gee I thought she was getting paid to sell. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac    Is that an Aussie Shepard dog in your avatar?   I love Aussies.   My grand dog is a tri red!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@mspatmac    Is that an Aussie Shepard dog in your avatar?   I love Aussies.   My grand dog is a tri red!!

@Teddixat   Yes, that's Murphy my red merle.  He is 10 and life revolves around him.

Trusted Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Agree. I sure wish QVC would go back to more this old school style. I don't think professionalism, down to earth selling, informativeness on the actual products vs. creating a mood, emotion, telling "fairytale scenarios about using the product"...is so outdated or "just for old people" as it may seem. A little fun is fine, and playing on people's emotions to encourage them to want a product will always, I guess, be a part of selling. But it's too silly, at the expense of REAL important product info now.

To me...most of what they do is insulting to the customer...baby, silliness, and made up hyperbole about products, turn me right off. You're not telling me anything I really need to know before buying. Minute I hear a ridiculous comment, off it goes.

Give people the credit, and info they deserve, for them to part with their carefully spent dollars. (albeit they are hoping you are not as "careful" I'm sure.) The rest, to me, is a huge turn-off (which I've done for the most part when it comes to QVC lately, turned it off) and a complete waste of time. I wish the current training and trend for hosts would go back to calm, intelligent, informative, friendly service. Just like you would like when going into your local shops.

You need to give us "old people" a little more credit, We want information just like you do.

Honored Contributor

I agree. Pat is absolutely great.

Respected Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@amyb wrote:

Agree. I sure wish QVC would go back to more this old school style. I don't think professionalism, down to earth selling, informativeness on the actual products vs. creating a mood, emotion, telling "fairytale scenarios about using the product"...is so outdated or "just for old people" as it may seem. A little fun is fine, and playing on people's emotions to encourage them to want a product will always, I guess, be a part of selling. But it's too silly, at the expense of REAL important product info now.

To me...most of what they do is insulting to the customer...baby, silliness, and made up hyperbole about products, turn me right off. You're not telling me anything I really need to know before buying. Minute I hear a ridiculous comment, off it goes.

Give people the credit, and info they deserve, for them to part with their carefully spent dollars. (albeit they are hoping you are not as "careful" I'm sure.) The rest, to me, is a huge turn-off (which I've done for the most part when it comes to QVC lately, turned it off) and a complete waste of time. I wish the current training and trend for hosts would go back to calm, intelligent, informative, friendly service. Just like you would like when going into your local shops.

You need to give us "old people" a little more credit, We want information just like you do.

@RealtyGal2 I'm not sure you're talking to me or QVC, who has to "give old people" more credit.

If it's me, I think you misread me...I am in that category/demographic. When I ponder what has driven all the changing tone to QVC's selling, I wonder is it the younger people at ther helm, or powers that be judging their target market much different than even 10 years ago. Maybe they find the old school approach, calm style of selling appeals to our older than 50 demographic, but isn't in line with a younger, faster, more "social"(as in social media sensibility) trend now.

So it's them I think think that...not me. 

Honestly, young, old, today, 10 years ago...when buying a producct I don't think some things have changed....Inform me about a product, speak sensibly not silly, tell me the important info. They've always "pretended to be something" to sell...whether it be folksy, our friend, down home, relatable, or now trendy, hip, cool whatever. BUT the difference now is their relating of "important info" is a lot of "say anything stupid" which insults their shopping saavy audience...ESPECIALLY the older shoppers who are quite experienced at sussing out the bull from the meat in the presentations...and still make up a lot of their clientele. Just my thoughts, I might be way off, as I'm not sitting in on marketing meetings...so who knows what they are aiming for anymore, I just, personally think they are missing a lot of the mark lately. 

Certainly, they've lost me in a big way. Maybe I'm no longer a customer they're looking to retain...but by what they sell, it sure seems they should still include me in figuring how their "target market" will be encouraged to buy.

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of the hosts are great, but Pat and Jayne are the reason I started watching QVC. I LOVE it when they are on together! And although I think they each do a good job separately, I wish QVC would pair them more often.

I would love to see them host "Fri-yay" !  Smiley Wink