Respected Contributor

wow,cant believe the difference between certain hosts.pat is on now,and is so calm,no silly acting,and calling models by their first name not sis.i wish she was on with Jayne and leah.very classy host

Respected Contributor

Agree. I sure wish QVC would go back to more this old school style. I don't think professionalism, down to earth selling, informativeness on the actual products is outdated or "just for old people" as it may seem. A little fun is fine, and playing on people's emotions to encourage them to want a product will always, I guess, be a part of selling. But it's too silly now, at the expense of giving REAL important product info.

To me...most of what they do is insulting to the customer...baby, silliness, and made up hyperbole about products, turn me right off. You're not telling me anything I really need to know before buying. Minute I hear a ridiculous comment, off it goes.

Give people the credit, and info they deserve, for them to part with their carefully spent dollars. (albeit they are hoping you are not as "careful" I'm sure.) The rest, to me, is a huge turn-off (which I've done for the most part when it comes to QVC lately, turned it off) and a complete waste of time. I wish the current training and trend for hosts would go back to calm, intelligent, informative, friendly service. Just like you would like when going into your local shops.

Honored Contributor

I do like Pat very much. 

But I miss Elise this morning; she's a great host as well.  This is Elise's normal time-slot; Pat said she was subbing for Elise this morning.

Esteemed Contributor

I was channel surfing yesterday and saw Pat. I stayed on the channel for a minute or so, thinking that I'd be watching QVC if all the hosts acted professionally and intelligently. As it is, I place occasional orders online and check these boards. I stopped watching a couple of years ago. If QVC eliminates the forum, I'm gone. It's not a threat. It's just that I'll have no reason to log in.

Honored Contributor

One of the appeals of the QVC hosts is the variety of ages and personalities.  Some days, some hours, I see a host presenting items I'm interested in and I watch for a while.   Some days, some hours, I surf out as fast as I surf in.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, Pat is so mellow - the opposite of Rick.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper     I like Pat. She's a genuinely nice woman but she goes on and on too much, too much talking even though she has a mellow voice.  And she rarely says what sizes the models are wearing!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper     I like Pat. She's a genuinely nice woman but she goes on and on too much, too much talking even though she has a mellow voice.  And she rarely says what sizes the models are wearing!

Can't stand when a host fails to mention the size the models are wearing @Teddixat !

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

She's getting paid to talk.  She would probably be fired if she didn't say anything.  But, since she is talking I rather listen to her then some of the other hosts.

Valued Contributor

I agree having my coffee this morning was happy to see Pat on .Sorry to hear Elise was not feeling well.

Been a Q customer since 1989 so really have seen the changes  that have come with some  of the newer host and their LOUDNESS and SILLINESS, that's when It is channel surfing for me. But Pat  has always been a  very professional sincere host.,even today there was  some laughing when she talked about her Grand Dog, I like a good laugh get them a lot when I watch Rick or Dan also.

I do agree Jayne, Leah are very professional too but would like to add  Sandra and  Elise to that group as they are  very professional do a good job explaining and enjoyable to watch .