Honored Contributor

Re: Pat Dementri's Daughter Won an Emmy

@BirkiLady wrote:

@ValuSkr  IIRC, Vince is no longer in journalism or in Nikki's life due to his own choices in life. 

That's sad.  But he's still proud of her, probably.

Honored Contributor

They must get these awards as part of a team.  It seems everyone in TV news gets one eventually.  Even Kirsten bragged to Bob Mackie that she had one and she says was a "weather girl".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper Touche to her and she is a lovely girl!  I know that Pat is proud of her and her accomplishments.

Honored Contributor

She seems like such a lovely young lady, and I am sure Pat is very proud of her.. I knew her father was in journalism as well..

Valued Contributor

Congratulations to lovely Nikki and her proud Mom, Pat Dementri. I have always admired the fact that Pat kept her personal life private and gave her daughter the space to grow, mature and make her way in the world without her life being broadcast on a shopping channel. That is great parenting.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They must get these awards as part of a team.  It seems everyone in TV news gets one eventually.  Even Kirsten bragged to Bob Mackie that she had one and she says was a "weather girl".

On sports talk today, they were talking about the Marconi Radio Awards and noting how special they were, unlike local Emmy Awards.  The exact quote: "You can roll out of bed and win a local Emmy."

Valued Contributor

I am assuming this is a local emmy and not a national Emmy but it still is a big deal. She looks very young and she has a lot of time to work for a major tv broadcast.

Esteemed Contributor

@MrSour How much larger do you get than Chicago broadcasting? She's in the big-time and has earned her wings. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@MrSour How much larger do you get than Chicago broadcasting? She's in the big-time and has earned her wings. 

ABC NBC CBS the major cable news networks in New York

Esteemed Contributor

@MrSour She's young! 

Give her time to soar with the pros.  If she has a desire to live and work in NYC, I'm confident she will pursue that dream and be there. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.