Trusted Contributor

Re: Pajamas on hosts-overdone

I loved reading this thread!!! So many different opinions and viewpoints and no snarkiness!!! 😀
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tropics21  I agree completely. I also saw one of the hosts (not mentioning her name) shaving her legs during a recent show. Yes, an epilator was being sold, but the entire pj/epilator/sitting on the rug during the show seemed to be a bit much. I would prefer that the epilator had been presented in a much more professional manner. QVC is developing a slouchy, anything goes, look recently. Where are the beautiful Christmas shows and products of yesteryear?

Valued Contributor

This is a great thread. Keep it going!!
Valued Contributor

I think this is an attempt to make the hosts seem like one of our friends or family.  They are not...they are sales people.  I suppose some will approve but when featuring fashion I like to see someone standing and turning so I can see more of the item presented.  There are times when I see a model cover a featured tee shirt with a jacket and scarf so all I see if a portion of the front...sell the products, not the hosts!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shawn's show is supposed to mimic her at home.  In fact, she said initially they were going to do the shows from her actual home but it just wasn't working out so they incorporated some items from her home into the set.  Shawn is comfy and cozy at home, hence the pajamas. And they are for sale.  It's like like she and Courtney are in pajamas you cannot purchase.

Other than that, unless Q is selling pajamas, I never see the hosts in them. I did a Q check last night and Shawn was in regular clothing.  Turned Q on this morning and Mary was in jeans and an upcoming Barefoot Dreams cardigan.  

Admittedly I don't watch Q much but I'm not seeing a big pajama problem.  LOL   

And for the record, you are never too old for a slumber party.  The women in my family do a quarterly ladies sleepover and the ages range from 81 down to teenagers.  We have an absolute blast.    

Valued Contributor

I just think laying on your stomach, on the floor, which pertained to nothing in the show, while the other host is draped over the back of the couch, is not professional. It's childish. I see doing that at home, but girl, you're not home. And last I checked your cohost wasn't 2 years old.
As far slumber parties, we still all get together, with wine or drink of choice and food. But we aren't on national TV, thank God.
Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva , I absolutely LOVE your sleepover tradition!  I want to be invited!! LOL

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

I agree 100%.

This is the burgeoning trend of infantilization and moronification that is accelerating at a frightening pace.

Kid-ults jumping around in PJs and oversized socks, acting like they are five years old.

Total turn-the-channel response from me. As soon as I see these overage babies prancing around, it's hit the remote.

And PLEASE don't encourage the MALE hosts to dress like this. I saw one popular male host on a" Fri-Yay" show the other night....That must have been TOTAL HUMILIATION to have to appear on camera dressed in such an unflattering way.

Is the management at QVC composed of the people in the Haribo candy ads?!?!?!?!

Wow, @Othereeeen , who knew we were approaching such an apocalypse. I mean, "moronification"???

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

The explanation is that the hosts are entertainers and actors and they are playing the roles of girls having fun at a slumber party.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 

Suzy Q-I actually think your word is a good one.  MORONIFICATION.  It can be used to describe a lot that is going on in our culture.  I had not heard that before.  Language is interesting; it changes with the culture and the times.  I think you have a winner!  I love a site called Word-a-Day by Anu Garg.  Monday-Friday there is a word that is explained and usage is given.  There is usually a theme for the week.  If you enjoy word study, check that out.