Trusted Contributor

Re: Pajamas on hosts-overdone

At the end of the day, it is a shopping channel trying to sell pajamas and other items, folks. Not worth everyone stressing about it. There are a whole hell of a lot worse things in life to stress over. Just sayin'...
Trusted Contributor

Oh good golly gosh 😉I just cannot believe, that anyone gets so worked up, over hosts wearing p.j.'s on TV.  

It's hard to believe anyone is that wrapped up (so to speak), in QVC.  These people are strangers, selling stuff, on TV.  They have zero, impact on our lives! 

The couple of times I've seen the p.j.s, I've thought, "oh cute pajamas). It's not like they came out in g strings and pasties, or, their ancient, much loved and well worn p.j.'s from home. They didn't look sloppy or questionably groomed.  They weren't selling automotive accessories, in their p.j.'s. They weren't acting childish.  

It never occurred to me, that anyone would object😉

Its a darn good thing, they weren't selling  NARS cosmetics, with some of those product names, in p.j.'s!😈

The forums would have melted! 

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

I never said the company didn't have a say.   I'm saying it's unprofessional and a ridiculous company policy.   Just don't agree with the idiocy of that policy.   Would you wear jammies if  your company asked you to?   

Unless it was for some unsavory reason, yes, I would in a New York second. Of course, my winter PJs are flannel boyfriend style. My hot season PJs are short sleeve with cropped pants.

My choices are comfy but not very daring. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Junebug54 wrote:

I never said the company didn't have a say.   I'm saying it's unprofessional and a ridiculous company policy.   Just don't agree with the idiocy of that policy.   Would you wear jammies if  your company asked you to?   

Unless it was for some unsavory reason, yes, I would in a New York second. Of course, my winter PJs are flannel boyfriend style. My hot season PJs are short sleeve with cropped pants.

My choices are comfy but not very daring. :-)

If my company instituted "Wear your pajamas to work" I would be eternally grateful.

Trusted Contributor

And if those of you that would wear pj's to work.... if that's what you think of yourself well enjoy your wardrobe...

Trusted Contributor

Maybe we take comfort over dressing competitively at work. I'm quite sure that we pajamas at work girls would know how to wear them quite stylishly too!!!😉😉
Esteemed Contributor

@Junebug54. You are entitled to feel the way you do without insulting others who don’t. This is really really silly.
Valued Contributor

Funny you mention Nars. Too bad the Q doesn't sell it. I actually wear Orgasm in the blush and the lipgloss. Be nice on 6 ez pays.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Junebug54 wrote:

I already have and so have many others.  Many companies encourage employees to wear PJ's and ask for a donation for a charity in order to do so.  In addition, I volunteer in a school  that has PJ day.  All of the kids and staff wear PJ's.

It's not that big of a deal...no one wears see through lingerie. And..the PJ's are more modest than some leggings that I have seen on adult women that show off everything they have.

Respected Contributor

The school I work at has several wear your Pj's to work days as part of school spirit. It's mostly for teachers. I'm a secretary so I don't participate. But I'd do it in a heartbeat. If some of you think I'm tasteless or an idiot for wanting to, well I'd just tell you to lighten up and stop with the petty outrage. That also goes for the hosts. I saw them tonight and knew there'd be complaints about it.