Honored Contributor

Re: Pajamas on hosts-overdone

@maximillian wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Suzy Q-I actually think your word is a good one.  MORONIFICATION.  It can be used to describe a lot that is going on in our culture.  I had not heard that before.  Language is interesting; it changes with the culture and the times.  I think you have a winner!  I love a site called Word-a-Day by Anu Garg.  Monday-Friday there is a word that is explained and usage is given.  There is usually a theme for the week.  If you enjoy word study, check that out. 

@maximillian, it was @TomGirl's word,

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@tSusan H.   They may look fine to you but can you think of any other job that would allow their employees to come to work in their pj's unless they work from home?   It's not professional and is the dumbing down and lazines of the new generation.   Not all of course but some and shouldn't be acceptable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Junebug54 wrote:

@tSusan H.   They may look fine to you but can you think of any other job that would allow their employees to come to work in their pj's unless they work from home?   It's not professional and is the dumbing down and lazines of the new generation.   Not all of course but some and shouldn't be acceptable.

@Junebug54, it's obvious that the hosts don't go rogue; I would think that QVC controls what they wear.

So that means TPTB are unprofessional, dumbed down, and lazy? I'm betting that they know exactly what they're doing. This is not some mom and pop business.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@Suzy And I'm betting they don't.    And yes I stand by what I said... very unprofessional and  immature.    You want to wander around in your "jammies"  you have at it.  Me, I'm going to wear clothes.   

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

@Suzy And I'm betting they don't.    And yes I stand by what I said... very unprofessional and  immature.    You want to wander around in your "jammies"  you have at it.  Me, I'm going to wear clothes.   

@Junebug54  They were told to do this. (Dress in pajamas) They didn't just decide one day to wear pj's to work. They do as their boss tells them or its out the door. I'm just telling it like it is. I hardly ever watch QVC.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Junebug54 wrote:

@Junebug54  They were told to do this. (Dress in pajamas) They didn't just decide one day to wear pj's to work. They do as their boss tells them or its out the door. I'm just telling it like it is. I hardly ever watch QVC.

@proudlyfromNJ, it's beyond me that anyone would actually think that the company doesn't have a say in what the hosts wear. I mean, it's only one of the most important factors for a shopping channel. Oh, well. Another day on the forums. :-)

Super Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

I agree 100%.

This is the burgeoning trend of infantilization and moronification that is accelerating at a frightening pace.

Kid-ults jumping around in PJs and oversized socks, acting like they are five years old.

Total turn-the-channel response from me. As soon as I see these overage babies prancing around, it's hit the remote.

And PLEASE don't encourage the MALE hosts to dress like this. I saw one popular male host on a" Fri-Yay" show the other night....That must have been TOTAL HUMILIATION to have to appear on camera dressed in such an unflattering way.

Is the management at QVC composed of the people in the Haribo candy ads?!?!?!?!

Well said!!! This "infantilzation" trend is all over the place now and just my opinion, it is strange and a bit creepy to be honest.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Valued Contributor

They may have been told what to wear. But I seriously doubt a producer told anyone to be on her belly on the floor. Or the other to be all over the couch. It's not MTV or Big Brother or any other reality show. You aren't in a house.
I get a more relaxed atmosphere, but there's a difference between relaxed and sloppy.
Honored Contributor

@jlrbr wrote:
They may have been told what to wear. But I seriously doubt a producer told anyone to be on her belly on the floor. Or the other to be all over the couch. It's not MTV or Big Brother or any other reality show. You aren't in a house.
I get a more relaxed atmosphere, but there's a difference between relaxed and sloppy.

@jlrbr @Jamstan   Call or email the head honcho. That’s the only way your complaints will be heard. The more that do it the more they might listen. They don’t want their customers to be so upset. They want them to buy.

Trusted Contributor

I never said the company didn't have a say.   I'm saying it's unprofessional and a ridiculous company policy.   Just don't agree with the idiocy of that policy.   Would you wear jammies if  your company asked you to?