Respected Contributor

Now QVC has decided that having the hosts dress in pajamas and lie on the floor around the Christmas tree is a good selling tactic.  The first time I saw this, it was Shawn dressed in her jammies.  Well, I thought, It's Shawn, so of course she is doing something quirky.  Now it seems like about half the "shows" are presented like this.  Again, QVC overdoes a tactic.  To me the "jammies" presentations are not cute or endearing.  It does not make me purchase anything. Sheesh....

Contributor

Re: Pajamas on hosts-overdone

They look fine to me.

Honored Contributor

Here we go again!!!

Honored Contributor

Doesn't bother me...I don't see what the issue is.  Some of the pjs are cute!

Respected Contributor

I agree 100%.

This is the burgeoning trend of infantilization and moronification that is accelerating at a frightening pace.

Kid-ults jumping around in PJs and oversized socks, acting like they are five years old.

Total turn-the-channel response from me. As soon as I see these overage babies prancing around, it's hit the remote.

And PLEASE don't encourage the MALE hosts to dress like this. I saw one popular male host on a" Fri-Yay" show the other night....That must have been TOTAL HUMILIATION to have to appear on camera dressed in such an unflattering way.

Is the management at QVC composed of the people in the Haribo candy ads?!?!?!?!

Valued Contributor

Absolutely agree with this poster!!! Was thinking about this the other day!  QVC must be hard up for products to sell this xmas season, and pushing pajamas.  Sick of it, and if I wanted pajamas or need to buy a present, Marshalls and target have the same or better and no shipping and a longer than 30 day return policy.  If I were qvc corporate,  I would be embarrassed.  In addition, one of the hosts that hosted the sat. show 10 am forward, actually was sitting unprofessionally with legs up on a couch.  QVC really lost it

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also agree that it has become too much: asking viewers to be spectators at a pajama party.  But this is the entertainment aspect of shopping that management wants and it reeks of desperation.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian 

Someone on the Q board here mentioned that everyone these days looks "sloppy" "underdressed" and generally not cute.

I got to thinking about this and have to agree.

We fool ourselves into thinking we look like the fashion models on posters.

That is very often not the case; but we fool ourselves into thinking we do.

The skinny, broad-shoulders of tall fashion models can carry off looks that most of us can't.  They fall into the category of the girl/woman who would "look good in a gunny sack!"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I agree.   I don't follow the Q's finances, nor do I wish to.  However, you just get the vibe that sales are way down..........(shipping issues perhaps?) They are being ridiculous and the programming for the holiday season has been very boring, IMO.

Honored Contributor

The older or more conservative dressers seem to want things to stay the way they were years ago - including the way people dress in their own homes.   Most I know wear sweats or loungewear that some call pajamas when at home.  I know if those styles were around way back my mother would have chosen them over the duster/housedresses women wore at home back then.