Valued Contributor

Hi @Spurt! I was browsing QVC's website and I came across an item I was interested in and I saw you are one of the ones that left a review. It's the NFL Light Up Ball Ornaments. H212071. I was considering gifting a set of these and was wondering if the ornaments have sparkle to them. The description says they are beaded. The recipient does not like anything glittery that will come off on your hand when you touch it. Was wondering if these do that. If I remember correctly I believe I read reviews last years version of these were those kind that had falling off sparkles to them. Thank you so much for your help. 

Honored Contributor

@iTalia I bought those for my son and there wasn't any glitter.I sent them for his first Christmas tree last year but unfortunately only three of them light up.They are an okay product in my estimation but don't look like a quality product.I guess you need to hear from Spurt on this one.

Valued Contributor

@dex wrote:

@iTalia I bought those for my son and there wasn't any glitter.I sent them for his first Christmas tree last year but unfortunately only three of them light up.They are an okay product in my estimation but don't look like a quality product.I guess you need to hear from Spurt on this one.

Thank you @dex for taking the time to reply. I appreciate your input on this item. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging SPURT

[ Edited ]

@iTalia wrote:

Hi @Spurt! I was browsing QVC's website and I came across an item I was interested in and I saw you are one of the ones that left a review. It's the NFL Light Up Ball Ornaments. H212071. I was considering gifting a set of these and was wondering if the ornaments have sparkle to them. The description says they are beaded. The recipient does not like anything glittery that will come off on your hand when you touch it. Was wondering if these do that. If I remember correctly I believe I read reviews last years version of these were those kind that had falling off sparkles to them. Thank you so much for your help. 

@iTalia

Hi, They are a bit sparkley but not glittery (more of a frosted look when lit), they are tiny beads with a sealant over the beads so these will not come off. (Valerie Parr Hill had some beaded ornaments and her beaded items was full of glue smears and missing beads---and I returned those.)   

Now I only tested a couple of ornaments to make sure they lit up since a couple of these are going to be gifts. One of them took a couple seconds to light up, make sure you move the switch to on or timer to test. A watch type battery comes with each ornament, and to replace the battery you have to have a tiny phillips screwdriver to get into the battery pack (the kind of tool that comes with an eyeglass kit looks like it would work, not sure how long the batteries will last, but the batteries can be purchased at Target (where they sell cameras), or at Walmart by the watch batteries.....I have a couple of ornaments from Jim Shore they require the same type of battery.....

Hope this helps you.....mine were nice and I was pleased.  Even if they didnt light up they would still look good on a tree....I think the Christmas lights would reflect the beads to make the ornament sparkle just a tiny bit even with the battery off. ...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”