Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

A few months back you asked me to return to leave a review for Product Number V46276. Homedics Body Flex Stretch Mat.

The positive points would be that when I use it my back feels wonderful, very relaxing. I would use it every day except for the following reasons.

• The item is bulky so it's not something that can be left out. Nor can I store it under my bed.
  • This item for me at least is dependent upon the type of flooring you have. I have the LVP, and it's too hard to get up off the floor once I am down there. I have resorted to putting a blanket down, and two pillows on the side of me to help me get up from the floor. 
  • I have tried it on my bed but it's too soft, so you do not get the full benefit of using the mat.

Would I purchase again. I am not sure. When I take the time to use it, my back really does feel great, but for the reasons listed above I am not using it as frequently as I thought that I would. In fact I have not used it in over a month. 

Hope this was helpful. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus    It's so good of you to remember to let us know how you like the mat.  Actually I went ahead and bought it and have had it several weeks.  It's still unused and in the box, exactly for the reasons you mentioned.  I'm going to have to move some things around to make a space to use it where I have some furniture to assist getting up.

At least after your review I have it to look forward to and the possibility of a little back relief.  Maybe it'll motivate me to get on this project.

Thanks so much for remembering.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@icezeus @Kachina624 

Thank you, ladies, for the review.   I have determined that there is NO WAY that I could get off the floor from that position.   I have a lot of shoulder strength from weight-lifting...but that's where it ends.   (Too many stainless "spare parts").

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I'm hoping you find some relief with this product.  I know how awful, unrelenting, and intrusive in daily tasks back pain can be.  Let us know your opinion when you find the time to make room for the mat.  Best wishes for improvement🙏🏼

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi    Sounds like you could use it on a firm bed.  Mine is memory foam so possibly the mat with me on it would sink into the mattress, never to be seen again.  Like quicksand.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus 

Thank you for your straightforward review.  You pointed out many details I would not have thought about.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @phoenixbrd   will do.  Any relief from the pain I'm in when I stand would be welcome.

@icezeus    How long do the results last after using the mat?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi    Sounds like you could use it on a firm bed.  Mine is memory foam so possibly the mat with me on it would sink into the mattress, never to be seen again.  Like quicksand.

@Kachina624    Pardon me for getting a good laugh out of that!

I have a TWIN bed...and I pack myself in with bolsters...because I have to sleep on my back.   If I turned over...I couldn't even get out of bed!   (The fear of hitting the floor keeps me motionless.) 

Oh, yeah...my ma had a recliner...I tried to get on it once, and even that was a total disaster.     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   I had a railing that was about half the length of the bed when dad lived with me.  It partially slipped under the mattress then a strap went around the mattress, making it very stable.  He couldn't fall out of bed and could pull himself up with the rail.  Would something like that help you?

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

That's a hard one for me because I do not have constant back pain. I get tension in my upper shoulders, or my sciatic nerve will act  up and my back will really bother me.

I had a dentist appointment this morning, so sitting in that chair tilted all the way back will bother my back. Later on tonight I will drag out the unit.

I can use for a few days and be fine for several weeks. The last time that I used it was early January.