Respected Contributor

Packages didn't arrive by Dec. 25

Very dissapointed with QVC.  My daughter and I both ordered from QVC things for Christmas and both of us had a package that did not arrive in time.  She had a package delivered today (12/26) and mine still has not arrived.  Tracking says it has gotten to my post office today which is the day after Christmas.  I assume I will get it tomorrow, 12/27. It was promised for Christmas delivery.  I ordered it on December 14th!  No excuse QVC. 

My daughter's gift was for her daughter from Santa; something she really wanted.  She said never again will she order a C'Mas gift from here.  The day after C'mas doesn't work on gifts from Santa.  As for me; my gift was for my granddaughter who left today so getting it tomorrow is no good.  All my orders from Amazon came in 2 days.  They get my business next year.

Regular Contributor

Re: Packages didn't arrive by Dec. 25

The processing time seems ridiculously long on a lot of items. My guess is they were stuck “in process” for 10 days
Honored Contributor

I personally did not have a problem with XMAS delivery from the Q, but I would not order anything as a gift for someone later than very early December.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry that you are upset but, remember there are others who have a lot more to be upset about .... thank God that your family is healthy & alive .... a messed up present delivery is not that horrible in the scope of things .... Happy New Year!

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71  I Ordered the Special Value Diamond earrings for myself on Dec 19. Shipping due date was by Dec 24, and called Christmas shipping.

Tracking UPS shows they left Florence SC Dec 20 and arrived in Laurel me on 12-'20.'

As of tonight @ 8:56 it's still in Laurel MD 

Pony express would have a faster horse! 

These were not for a gift, if they were I would be disappointed as others are.

But, WHY would QVC have diamond earrings as a Special Value so close to Christmas and promise they would arrive by Christmas Eve? They would have had more orders if they had been aired earlier in the month!  It's poor planning on QVCs part depending on delivery services that can't deliver our packages in 7 days.

Respected Contributor

For Christmas orders from QVC, Black Friday would be my cut-off date.  Even with lengthy processing times, the holiday rush or weather related delays, I think that would/should be long enough.

According to some here, it is naive to order beyond early December or to believe the guarantees the hosts stress over and over again. 

Well, alrighty.

Esteemed Contributor

Every year QVC hosts guarantee delivery by Christmas, and every year there are posts here written by disappointed customers.

The fact is that QVC actually cannot guarantee delivery by Christmas because they're not responsible for what happens after packages are sent.  Weather delays, among other things, are out of their control.  They know this, and yet they continue to make this worthless guarantee.

Personally, I would only order something that I needed by a certain date WAY in advance.  But I fault QVC for this problem.  They are well aware that many of the promised packages will in fact not get there in time, yet year after year they make the same guarantee.  A lot of long-time customers are aware that it's meaningless, but others (and new customers) are not.  I think it's terrible that QVC misleads people that way.  They should be urging people to order early, and stop talking about a guarantee that means nothing.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The joke is of course their not responsible for an item after it ships, but how about before when it sits in processing for four to five days beforte it ships?  It's ridiculous.  

Trusted Contributor

A few days ago there was a post where someone was thanking QVC for getting their 12/21 order to them in 2 days,12/23, in time for gifting.  I questioned that and a few other people said that they also had their various orders delivered in just two days, right before Christmas. There seems to be somewhat of a large dicrepancy in just how QVC operates.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the Simplehuman make-up mirror and the Water pic toothbrush set on the 20th...and they both arrived in 2 days......

If they had not arrived it wouldn't have been a big disappointment because I knew I was taking a chance this late in the game..

I also ordered a Barbie ambulance from Amazon and it took 4 days.

Everything else was ordered before the 10th of December......