Respected Contributor

Re: Packages didn't arrive by Dec. 25

Once upon a time the pipe dream of Christmas shipping might have been much more than a pipe dream.  I used to get almost all of my packages thru out the year in three to four days total by UPS straight up I95 to my house.  But over the last two years QVC has contracted with the UPS Surepost which means a circuitous route to my house and additional extended delivery because instead of UPS delivery when it gets to my town, it is turned over to the USPS.  Add to this that upfront QVC processing time has just about doubled for me.  All in all i never get anything in three to four days from the order date.  I know this and always order early.  To be clear this isn’t the end point shippers fault, in my case the USPS.  Once they get the package it is only another two days.  The problem is with QVCs up front processing time, and with UPS Surepost Circuitous routing.  QVC must know this.  It is an everyday all year long fact.  Certainly at christmas when the shippers are slammed it is compounded.  How QVC can guarantee delivery close to christmas is just wrong.

Super Contributor

Honestly, I don't know why posters who are reporting failure of promised delivery by Christmas are being sniped at with 'suggestions' that they should have ordered sooner?  The real delivery failure is QVC's, not UPS' or the USPO's as QVC is who promised delivery by Christmas but for some customers, failed to deliver on that promise.

IMHO a good will gesture by QVC would be to refund all shipping on items which were not delivered by Christmas as was promised ad nauseum on air.  This suggestion is based on the assumption that in most cases QVC did deliver on its promise and therefore would not be suffering substantial losses by compensating the customers for whom Christmas delvery was not made.  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Shawnie

You are right.  First they sit in processing too long, they stop in various points, then ups often sends them to my post office to deliver which adds on another 1 or 2 days.  Amazon gets my things directly to me in 2 days.

Honored Contributor

I received everything surprisingly fast this Christmas.  My usual delivery time is one week to ten days MIN. and I am on the East Coast.

Many of us have shopped here a long time.

We are all VERY aware of QVC shipping and processing times.

We ALL know the risks when ordering from QVC.

When UPS delivers to my work Post Office and it sits there for 2-3 more days, that is on THEM.  I can't blame QVC for their slowness.

My home Post Office gets it to me in one more day. 

It is absurd to think any retailer should give you the item for free because it is delivered late.

Honored Contributor

If QVC isn't responsible once the items leaves their warehouse, then after a certain date they  should not be promising you will get the item by Christmas.  They were making that promise quite close to Christmas and repeating it over and over. 

Esteemed Contributor

I finally received the Special Value diamond earrings That sat in Laurel Md for 6 days (after coming from Florence SC ). They were then sent to Richmond Va, Newport News, Va then to me in Williamsburg. This was UPS. 

I called Customer Service and the operator was surprised that they were so long in MD. Especially since they were promised and advertised "Christmas delivery "on the chart. She refunded the postage $5.50 and gave me credit for postage on a future order. Very nice!

They are beautiful Huggy hoops,not ordered for a gift (except for myself) . Although not opening them Christmas morning,worth the wait. Qvc stands by Affinity diamonds, and they are good quality.

I hope QVC is aware of the shipping problems and in the future doesn't promise specific delivery. I'm certain that some people ordered these earrings and were disappointed and will not order again.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@brandiwine

They should not be promising something they cannot control.  On another note, every other thing I ordered from Other Retailers arrived as promised.

Me too.  I ordered from several other retailers (including quite a bit from Amazon), and everything arrived well before the EDD, with some arriving earlier.

I would never order from QVC and expect delivery by a certain date no matter what time of year.  Their delivery times are just too inconsistent.  And yes, they should not be promising something they can't control.  Year after year they get angry calls from customers, and yet they continue to make the same empty promise.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

I finally received the Special Value diamond earrings That sat in Laurel Md for 6 days (after coming from Florence SC ). They were then sent to Richmond Va, Newport News, Va then to me in Williamsburg. This was UPS. 

I called Customer Service and the operator was surprised that they were so long in MD. Especially since they were promised and advertised "Christmas delivery "on the chart. She refunded the postage $5.50 and gave me credit for postage on a future order. Very nice!

They are beautiful Huggy hoops,not ordered for a gift (except for myself) . Although not opening them Christmas morning,worth the wait. Qvc stands by Affinity diamonds, and they are good quality.

I hope QVC is aware of the shipping problems and in the future doesn't promise specific delivery. I'm certain that some people ordered these earrings and were disappointed and will not order again.

They are most definitely aware.  This happens every year.  They just don't care.

Super Contributor

I ordered a ring for my granddaughter, #J355610 on December 19, 2018. It was the same day as the diamond TSV. Rick Domeier said that if you ordered by 11:59pm ET that day you would received your item before Xmas. He said that there would be no extra s&h and that if there was extra s&h that the Q would pick it up. So, I ordered the ring. I looked at the order as soon as it was placed and noticed that the EDD was 1/2/2019!. So, I called CS and told her that it was a gift and that the Q had promised delivery by Xmas. The CS girl was great. She put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said that it was done. I kept checking the website and it kept showing that the ring was "in process." However, it did show that there was "premium shipping." The ring came on the 22nd. I had it in my hand and the website still showed "in process." I do agree that the shipping is a problem with the Q but this time it worked out for me. They did keep their promise.
Honored Contributor

I placed an order with Target on Dec. 18th for guaranteed by Xmas delivery - free shipping.  Half of the order arrived in time.  The other half arrived yesterday - Dec 28th. 

I should have ordered earlier than the 18th.  Target sent me a 5.00 gift certificate for not receiving the order in time for Xmas. 

I'm sure other companies besides QVC (& Target) had late deliveries.