Contributor

QVC, you aren't Neiman Marcus, or Macy's!!!  You have clothing mainly made in China.  When Susan Gravers' clothing went to $50-$60 a blouse, I stopped buying.  Now you have Denim & CO priced ridiculously high.  Sorry, won't buy ANY peices of clothing from QVC ever again.  I will go to the stores and buy for quality, if I have to pay high prices.

Respected Contributor

And you don't think clothing sold in N&M and Macy's is made in China!

Trusted Contributor

Carolyn

I think SG and D&Co all got the memo to jack up their prices or else they would be dumped.  Thanks for turning it into Dell computerland exclusively.

Honored Contributor

A lot of it is made in Viet Nam.   

And yes, prices are skyrocketing at QVC for sure.

Respected Contributor

@cubagal

I feel the same way--purchased clothing from the Q since 1988 ... and just in the last 3 years, a sudden rise in prices.   I understand cotton is high, but not to the point of 50% increase in clothing made with natural fibers--even some synthetics.  I only buy Lunchtime Specials now.

Regardless of the "import country" (Sparklestar) ... the percentage of the increase is not found in brick & mortar stores ... at least not in my part of the country!

New Contributor

Totally agree!!

Super Contributor

I agree with the OP, but also with the second poster. A lot of clothing sold in stores are made in China, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, etc. If I'm going to pay the amount of money that QVC wants for their clothing, I'd rather go to the store and try on the items before I purchase, to make sure that they fit the way I want them to, so I won't have to pay the return S&H when they don't. I've been burned one too many times.

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

And you don't think clothing sold in N&M and Macy's is made in China!

I'm sure that they are, however at least in the stores I can try on clothes and avoid return fees and when they have a sale there is significant reduction in price.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: PRICES ARE SKYROCKETING

[ Edited ]

Regardless of where the togs are made, there's no denying that prices for what are essentially house brands are becoming increasingly non-competitive... And yes, especially when tacking that two-way shipping or 'try on' fee... onto the already inflated price of the garment... Also agreed, knocking a dollar or two off the price and calling it a 'sale' just doesn't cut it... Seems like maybe it's time for a new 'business model' or at least a major tweak to the current one, you know, the one we hear so much about to pretty much justify anything they want to do.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

JMO, more & more people are doing internet shopping on other websites & going back to b/m stores.  In order for QVC to maintain a profit, I suppose prices have to go up.

i guess the die-hard QVC shopper will have to deal w/it to pull up the slack.