Trusted Contributor

They charge that much because they can and women will pay. A good men's dress shirt can be had for 50-55 dollars. Many more pieces to cut and sew, plus pressing all along the way. Stand collars, button placket, button holes, buttons. Cuffs. Breast pocket. 10x the amount of man hours to make. Yet a simple tee is 50$ at the Q. Sometimes much more for some lines. 

Akin to the pink tax.

Valued Contributor

I agree. Used to buy D&C but no more.  For casual at home tee's (100% cotton - no spandex) Kohls sale yesterday $4.99 - great variety of solids and prints, choice of necklines - V neck or crew neck. Got 4 for $20. 

Honored Contributor

@Beaches 1956 wrote:

All the clothes are overpriced.Better deals locally or online at Macys and Belks with free shipping.

I agree.  I can get discounts and free shipping at Macy's.   Also, better fit on clothing there.   Got a $29.95 tee for under $7.00; free shipping too.   The return cost at QVC is too much so I'm not ordering clothing.

Honored Contributor

@Tchdwn22 wrote:

Man, I've noticed this too. I shopped here for quality ,value, convience . Well I can't afford 100 $ shoes and 52$ shirts from Susan Graver and D&C...100$ for espadrilles, because Ellen's name is on it? I can't , I won't  and yes, that 3$ off clearance doesn't help. I won't be shopping at these prices for sure. Sorry QVC. I've been a shopper since 1986. Taking my hard earned money elsewhere 

Same here.  I starting buying QVC clothing around 1994 and my wardrobe was almost all Susan Graver, some Denim & Co. and also Sports Savvy.   Bought shoes from QVC too--mostly White Mountain.   As I posted already, gone back to local dept. store and shop mostly online with free shipping and discounts.   Prices are so much better and I get a much better fit. 

Respected Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

QVC is neither Macy's nor Nieman-Marcus -- nor is it Dollar Tree.  If you feel QVC's prices are too high, do not shop here.  Prices have indeed gone up here, but they have gone up everywhere.

As far as "doing away with shipping charges," are you serious?  Do you actually live in a world where you think shipping is free?  Seriously? 

I actually buy online from some well respected stores where I get free shipping because I spend a certain amount in their store each year.  Perhaps QVC could offer that.  Also, yes prices have gone up everywhere but most stores offer 20-30% off quite often where QVC calls it clearance and takes off a few dollars.  I won't keep any clothing I order if it does not fit properly and the initial shipping added to the return shipping has made it costly to purchase clothing from QVC.  Some stores I shop at online have retail stores where I can return for free even if I order online.

Honored Contributor

I was thinking about that today too as I looked at the lunchtime specials. It seems those prices now are as much as the regular prices used to be!

There are many stores that offer free shipping, so yes, there is a wide world where shipping is actually free and free to return as well. 

I more and more like to try things on because I don't like to return things-I want to know they fit when I buy them.

And yes, so many stores online and brick and mortar stores offer so many good sales and value which QVC does not.

QVC really has changed and somehow doesn't see that they are not competitive anymore.

For those who still like to buy esp clothes or shoes here,I'm sure you will continue but I don't think you can really defend with much confidence that QVC is so much of what it used to stand for anymore. 

And that's a shame.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I think one of the downfalls now is the high cost of returning an item  Inconsistent sizing is a problem.  I will never order shoes again from QVC.  One other downfall is the same old items over and over -- this is in all QVC programming not just fashion.

Valued Contributor

In changing channels, I caught a few minutes of Lisa Rinna's offering of a knit sleeveless top, for almost $60! not including shipping or tax!  Ridiculous. And LOGO clothes are ridiculously priced, too.  The food offerings are sky high, today some steaks were about $20/pound if memory serves me correctly.  That steak better cook itself and clean up after itself at that price.  Potstickers are another over-priced item, way cheaper at Trader Joe's. 

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Respected Contributor

hmmm, I am going to have to check out Kohl's for the clothes I want to wear to do yard work.  I am not interested in paying $50 for clothes that I am just going to get dirty.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

hmmm, I am going to have to check out Kohl's for the clothes I want to wear to do yard work.  I am not interested in paying $50 for clothes that I am just going to get dirty.

They have good sales plus coupon codes offering 15, 20 or 30 per cent off.