Frequent Contributor

PREVAUX EYE GLASSES WITH BLOCKER

I tried cleaning them because they get very smudged and I used a very good eyeglass cleaner and they got worse!...I tried steam and it lasted a short time and then smudged up again.....It seems that the covering they used for "blue blocker" eye glasses "wears off"?......Has anyone else noticed this with their eye glasses?

Honored Contributor

Re: PREVAUX EYE GLASSES WITH BLOCKER

No, but I did read a report by an opthomologist that the "blue light blocker" business is ineffective and without medical necessity.   Just a gimmick to sell glasses. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The sale of blue light glasses has exploded due to aggressive advertising during the pandemic.  I do my own research and found the following  information on web MD.

"The American Academy of Ophthalmology says you don't need them and has gone on record as not recommending any kind of special eyewear for computer users. The organization says blue light from digital devices does not lead to eye disease and doesn't even cause eyestrain. The problems people complain about are simply caused by overuse of digital devices, it says."  Their British counterparts say the same. 

That's good enough for me not to buy,

Respected Contributor

That Blue Blocker coating is awful on glasses.  All they do is make them harder to clean.  Try a little blue Dawn on them.  It works.