Honored Contributor

POST POOFED ON PET LOVERS FORUMS

There was a discussion on Pet Lovers re: leashes and collars for dogs w/ longer hair. When someone gave a reference to a site, it was poofed.

I could understand this if there was a conflict of interest, but QVC has never sold anything resembling a dog leash so there is no reason to feel threatened by sharing that info w/ another poster. 

Valued Contributor

Re: POST POOFED ON PET LOVERS FORUMS

@Shanus wrote:

There was a discussion on Pet Lovers re: leashes and collars for dogs w/ longer hair. When someone gave a reference to a site, it was poofed.

I could understand this if there was a conflict of interest, but QVC has never sold anything resembling a dog leash so there is no reason to feel threatened by sharing that info w/ another poster. 

Hey @Shanus, not sure if this is why it was poofed, but they do sell a harness/leash, M50739 is the item #.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually QVC does sell a dog leash. It's different and quite wonderful for my pet (who just crossed the Rainbow Bridge)  He was a Sheltie with beautiful long hair, and the leash that we bought from QVC was a real joy for him. It was gentle and didn't pull on his neck.   I don't know about this post, but just wanted to clear up the idea thaat QVC doesn't sell a leash.  If you have a dog, check it out.  M50739

Trusted Contributor

Perhaps they want us all to limit our discussions to "Hello", "Hope your day is going well".

Honestly, many times I think the mods are overly aggressive at deleting posts that are harmless and just trying to help others.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus

They poof links to any site that sells goods or services regardless of if QVC sells the same things.

Its been that way a long time. We can post the name of other sites to buy things ...........just not the link to click, I don't understand the difference but the Mods have been doing this a long time.

I remember a thread in Customer Care about it where the Mods posted comments,if I can find it I'll post to you on it so you can read it. hth Smiley Happy

Found it, @Spurt's thread:

"Solved: Hi Social Team I Have A Question?"

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Hi-Social-Team-I-Have-A-Question/m-p/3838424/highlight/fa...

Valued Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Actually QVC does sell a dog leash. It's different and quite wonderful for my pet (who just crossed the Rainbow Bridge)  He was a Sheltie with beautiful long hair, and the leash that we bought from QVC was a real joy for him. It was gentle and didn't pull on his neck.   I don't know about this post, but just wanted to clear up the idea thaat QVC doesn't sell a leash.  If you have a dog, check it out.  M50739

@Perkup, I'm so sorry for the loss of your pup, I lost my sweet boy in April. I agree, that leash is a great product, take care.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, I hardly think that has anything to do with a conflict with with their own sales, however, it's foolish to think they're going to use their website to advertise other people's wares.
The poof may've been due to a legal issue.
Honored Contributor

Perhaps this entire thread will be poofed, since we aren't supposed to challenge moderation.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Perkup  I'm so sorry for the loss of your Sheltie. He's playing happily with about 6 of my beagle fur babies I've raised in my life. 

Honored Contributor

@luvmydoggies wrote:

@Shanus

They poof links to any site that sells goods or services regardless of if QVC sells the same things.

Its been that way a long time. We can post the name of other sites to buy things ...........just not the link to click, I don't understand the difference but the Mods have been doing this a long time.

I remember a thread in Customer Care about it where the Mods posted comments,if I can find it I'll post to you on it so you can read it. hth Smiley Happy

Found it, @Spurt's thread:

"Solved: Hi Social Team I Have A Question?"

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Hi-Social-Team-I-Have-A-Question/m-p/3838424/highlight/fa...

@luvmydoggies @Shanus

So you wont have to look through my long thread this is what the Social Team said:

Re: Hi Social Team I Have A Question? 

@SPURT  We are aware of the item numbers from HSN, that is not against standards. If other retailers were deleted it would be because a link was provided, which is against standards.

Susan Q-Social Team

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”