Honored Contributor

@QVCPhobe wrote:

Shawn said on her show that Nick had the same cancer as her  father.  He had pancreatic cancer.  I am not speculating.  Shawn should have not opened her mouth.  Mr. Chavez stated that he is a private person.

You are just as bad as Shawn if not worse.  I did not know what type of cancer he had and did not see that presentation.

I guess I didn't need to.  You just told everyone and put it in writing.  So much for Nick's privacy.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@FatCatinCT wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

Wish him the best.  So much cancer.  I wonder why?

I fear it is because we are being bombarded with radiation- wi fi, Bluetooth, cell phone signals. This technology became prevelant in the 1990s and takes about 30 years for the cancers to develop. It is very scary. I fear for young people today who are addicted to technology and whose lives seen to rebolve around it. 

not to mention all the cr@p in our food

Since you're so superior to the rest of us in your food choices, why don't you tell us what YOU eat so we can all be guided by your wisdom?

Whoa!  What's up with you?  Why are you accusing and assuming somone feels superior to you and ALL of us?  Don't include me in that.

It is common knowledge that our food is not always the best for us.  No one can escape it.  There are toxic chemicals everywhere.  Meats that are cooked over an open flame or that are processed are cancer causing.  Food colorings and preservatives are not healthy.

Chemicals from plastic bags and food containers leach into our food.  There's more of you care to look it up.

We all eat or have eaten these toxic chemicals in the past.  There is no 100% way to avoid them. 

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

I was glad to see him on air! Didn't know abut his  cancer so was surprised about his hair cut.  Thoughts of strength and healthy recovery for him!!

What's this about Nick having cancer? Woman Sad I like him so much; I hope he'll be ok. 

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I NEED  to vent about the use of the word--poor-- when describing someone with cancer---I had breast cancer, had many tests, scans, pokes and proddings along with surgery, chemo and radiation and now meds----never did I feel poor!!! I felt scared, angry, tired, scared--yes said that twice--but almost always--I was very grateful that I had the incredible team of medical people that helped me thru all of it---never did I feel poor. I got tired of everyone telling me sorry too---I didn;t look sick for the most part I felt pretty darn good and have to say --enjoyed the lack of having to fiddle with doing my hair everyday for the next 8 months---and I did lose alot of weight which was a hard type of diet . So please think of better words to describe a cancer situation--it may be hard but not 1/1000 th as hard as going thru it. Not offense to OP just had to vent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going through something similar and I'm not at all annoyed by sympathy. What annoys me is all the medical visits, tests, blood draws, biopsies, MRIs, etc. If someone wants to sympathize, I'm fine with that.

(If what the previous poster meant is that she's sick of people hovering over her and treating her like she's at death's door, I do understand; I CAN pick up a scrap of paper off the floor or feed the cat without having to put my affairs in order.)

No offense intended; just need to vent.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten ---first and foremost-----I hope you are doing well and that you will beat these nasty cancer zombies. No offense taken---yes, I hated the many weeks of all the tests and scans you go thru and yes I did appreciate the well wishes and good thoughts given ,but in my case--most people said their 2 cents and then I never heard from them again--oh poor you, well good luck and don't call me, I'll call you-- and I never heard a thing after that--in fact most were surprised I was still alive after the many months of treatments which they never bothered to ask about----yes people are scared of cancer, but to ignore it completely is inexcusable----those people were my "friends" and some family I might add-----got more reaction from my cat than my husband ---anyway--I am doing great now,  as I am sure you will too--good luck--go to the cancer board in Wellness here if you need somme encouragement----

Super Contributor

I was so surprised to hear of Nicks cancer.  The new short hair looks amazing on him! I think it makes him look about 20 years younger. ....  He looks fantastic! 

I just love, love, love, that man, & I will keep him close in heart & prayers for his return to great health.

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten ---first and foremost-----I hope you are doing well and that you will beat these nasty cancer zombies. No offense taken---yes, I hated the many weeks of all the tests and scans you go thru and yes I did appreciate the well wishes and good thoughts given ,but in my case--most people said their 2 cents and then I never heard from them again--oh poor you, well good luck and don't call me, I'll call you-- and I never heard a thing after that--in fact most were surprised I was still alive after the many months of treatments which they never bothered to ask about----yes people are scared of cancer, but to ignore it completely is inexcusable----those people were my "friends" and some family I might add-----got more reaction from my cat than my husband ---anyway--I am doing great now,  as I am sure you will too--good luck--go to the cancer board in Wellness here if you need somme encouragement----

I hope you are doing well too and hope AN gets through it. Praying for her.  I went through it and what some don't talk about is what it does to you emotionally. I did not handle it well and had a total nervous breakdown.  How did you all do it and keep such a positive outlook?  

Trusted Contributor
@KKJ

You've mentioned on the wellness forum about having a breakdown. Don't beat yourself up over that. It's difficult to have a positive outlook all the time. All we can do is try our best when something like cancer gets thrown at us.
Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Thank you for your understanding. I don't have cancer but a condition that's only going to get worse if we don't keep it under control. As long as I do what my doc says--and she's pretty good at this--I'll be okay but eventually it's going to get me.

But so what? None of us is going to live forever; at least I've had a warning that my time might be up soon and I've been putting my affairs in order, spending time with my family, etc.

"Don't cry for me, Argentina" (actualy I live in Washington state :-)  )