Esteemed Contributor

I happened to hear that phone call as well, just by chance, because I rarely watch her entire shows.  Frankly, I thought the caller was right.  I think the hosts SHOULD state the entire price.  Rounding down may be a sales ploy, but it is being lazy as well.  As far as fabric content, that should be stated several times during a presentation.  That info is not usually on the screen.  Just because it is online does not mean that people want to go to their cell phones or computers to look it up.  Not everyone even has a cell phone or is computer saavy.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Also, the price you see on TV, at least mine, is so SMALL. I can' read it. Please change this matter QVC along with hosts quoting correct price. 

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lipswrote:

I happened to hear that phone call as well, just by chance, because I rarely watch her entire shows.  Frankly, I thought the caller was right.  I think the hosts SHOULD state the entire price.  Rounding down may be a sales ploy, but it is being lazy as well.  As far as fabric content, that should be stated several times during a presentation.  That info is not usually on the screen.  Just because it is online does not mean that people want to go to their cell phones or computers to look it up.  Not everyone even has a cell phone or is computer saavy.

@Puppy Lips  I completely and totally and utterly agree with you that fabric content MUST be shown onscreen, and yes, several times.  We're lucky if it pops up even once.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@LindaSalwrote:

The material is available under product description.  Seems kind of silly all around.  JMO

However, there is really no good reason not to go into specifics. The host is thereto present the item, if wejust use the computer there is no need for a host. Also stating the wrong price over and over is lazy and disrespectful. JMO.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

After Shawn was "called out" ... Shawn did say $44 and "change" when announcing the TSV price again.  

Good for Lisa, the caller.  It was also important to know the leggings were not cotton, as I could not wear mostly rayon all day. Not everyone has their computer up and running.

Contributor

For me, calling out a host, on national TV is embarrassing and unncecessary.  I think it should've been handled by the producer who is supposed to screen the calls before going to the host.  I respect that the caller had a concern/complaint, but I do not respect that she thought it was best to humiliate the host on TV.  JMO...

Honored Contributor

@mercyMewrote:

After Shawn was "called out" ... Shawn did say $44 and "change" when announcing the TSV price again.  

Good for Lisa, the caller.  It was also important to know the leggings were not cotton, as I could not wear mostly rayon all day. Not everyone has their computer up and running.

You're so right, @mercyMe.  And they should not have to. 

Otherwise, why is QVC making such a fuss about callers, and to stay on the line, and encouraging people to phone in their orders.  (Yes, I know they also get excited when the phone lines are overwhelmed and ask you to order via other means.)

But -- if you're watching the presentation on tv, ALL the information should be shown on tv.

Just because some piece of data is also available on the QVC website has no bearing on whether it should be left off the tv presentation.  It's two completely different mediums.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

GraceysMom: FYI.................the Spanx legging shown as a TSV this week R NOT made of rayon. The R made of :nylon, spandex and elastane.  Contact Spanx yourself if in doubt.

Valued Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

GraceysMom: FYI.................the Spanx legging shown as a TSV this week R NOT made of rayon. The R made of:  nylon, spandex and elastane.  Contact Spanx yourself if in doubt.

Iceberg .... Yes, I said mostly rayon .... I knew it was a "manufactured fiber" that did not breathe (for me at least)!   I can only wear cotton, not nylon, on my old body.  My point being, the fabric needs to be announced thoughout the presentation. 

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't watch the show ... but my vote is with the caller.   Had the producer not wanted the call on the airwaves -- there is supposed to be a few seconds between the caller and what actually hits the TV -- it would have been blocked. 

I stopped watching this host long ago ... and it appears she has morphed into the "Queen Diva,"  replacing the one who left a couple years back ...