Valued Contributor

Re: PLUS SIZE MODELS - COMMENT

Reminds me  of  something a friend used to say.  Just because something comes in your size doesn't mean you should wear it.

Super Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if QVC is placing models/hosts in ill fitting clothing because a good portion of the general public dresses that way. Take shopping at Walmart for instance where we can still go and see people out and about. I wouldn't be caught dead dressing the way I see most people there. Maybe my standards are off. Still, I'm not dressing like a stuffed sausage!

”maybe my  standards are off , but...”

”I wouldn’t be caught dead....”

Yikes

Judge not and ye shall not be judged.

Before you take the splinter out of another’s eye,

take the Plank out of your own

Super Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Lake4 wrote:

@CARMIE wrote:

How about this?

If a plus size model looks awful wearing a garmet and it makes her look bigger, do not buy that garment because it will probably make you look bigger too.

It's not the model that's the problem.  It's the garments.

QVC makes the same item in sizes xxs to 5X.  Not all clothing is flattering on all sizes.  It doesn't matter if the garment fits well or not.  Some things just do not look all that great across the sizes.

I have always been a fan of clothing made specifically for a body type.  I wear petite.  Some items that are petite sized do not look good on a petite frame, even if it fits well and is the correct size. The style is all wrong.

Plus size ladies should have clothing made specifically for them too.  I doubt they want embellishment across the bust line or pockets at the hips.

Conclusion, if you wear a petite, plus or tall...you have to be aware of how clothing designers for misses size women will look when modified to fit you.

Yes!! Exactly this. Thank you for your thoughts! 😊

A 5X in that    OH MY GOODNESS    UGH

A size 2 in that.     OH MY GOODNESS.  UGH

Looks scrawny and sickly...see her bones sticking out?

I wonder what’s wrong with her......anorexia perhaps?

Frequent Contributor

I don't know how a 5X and a 2 can wear the same thing. The whole style of the clothing is different to each to be flattering. Like Marla Wynn, her clothes are designed for a tall, curvy woman. Not for a short, 100 lb. woman. The short "could" wear them, but not the most flattering. 

Contributor

Yes, yes, yes!!!!! This has been driving me crazy! I'm not a tiny woman by any means, but not plus either (between med and large). I have no problem with plus sized models, but please do two things: put them in outfits  that flatter a plus figure (this excludes ALL tight-fitting pants) and always have a regular size model as well. More and more I am seeing ONLY plus-sized models and there is no way I can judge how the clothes will look on me. I have changed my mind about buying many times after seeing the clothes only on a plus size model. Thanks for bringing this up!

Contributor

I AGREE!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

IMO, these gaudy prints are ugly ugly ugly on every one.  A different sized person doesn't make anything look better when it starts out ugly.

Contributor

When I do buy, I usually look for a model who represents a size similar to mine. Lately, I have noticed that QVC is using a lot of plus size models. I don't have a big problem with that, as long as the product presentation represents a variety of model sizes and heights. Unfortunatley the plus size models that are used are styled in sizes that don't reflect their best features,which makes it hard for me to see myself in these clothes. It also doesn't show the models in their best light. These are lovely girls, but when you shove them in a size smaller than they wear or is a best representation of the line they are selling, no one benefits. I'm sorry, but this is very off-putting for me.I don't know if this is part of the Covid response and these ladies are willing to take a risk to come in to work of what??? I'm not trying to be mean, but just tyring to offer my viewpoint in this new reality. 

Honored Contributor

I am not plus sized but my DD is--and I am wondering if these beautiful models are given their correct sizes. even my DD says why are these girls  squished into some of the clothes---No one looks good in things that are too tight. 

Contributor

Agree. I'm plus sized and sometimes the plus sized models are squeezed into clothes a size too small and they look awful. It's a turn off for me. And yes, plus size people sometimes cannot wear clothes a small person could wear with ease. The QVC stylers should realize this. Use some common sense.