Respected Contributor

Re: PLEASE stop telling me "No worries!"

@fthunt wrote:

Channel changer for me - all of the vendors and host PARROT each other.  Vendor makes a statement  and Host repeats exact words - - -  a statement by Host & Vendor parrots  it  exactly. ......................... Point #2 L & L & Temp-tations offers 22 colors - why not let Vendor announce colors instead of Host.  i.e., David MUST do unfamiliar colors names & Vendor corrects him constantly.

@fthunt I think if David couldn't repeat colors multiple times during a presentation he would retire.

Esteemed Contributor

There's a reason they say the same thing over and over.  It works!  They know what words and phrases increase sales.  No matter how much QVC tries to present their shows as entertainment, they are all about sales.  And the hosts and reps say the things that make people buy.  

Sales-speak is to be expected on a shopping channel. And repetition is a part of that. Anyone looking for intelligent conversation or a variety of words and phrases should really be watching something else.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan wrote:

There's a reason they say the same thing over and over.  It works!  They know what words and phrases increase sales.  No matter how much QVC tries to present their shows as entertainment, they are all about sales.  And the hosts and reps say the things that make people buy.  

Sales-speak is to be expected on a shopping channel. And repetition is a part of that. Anyone looking for intelligent conversation or a variety of words and phrases should really be watching something else.

It would be interesting to see what their marketing studies show about the use of specific words and phrases in relationship to sales. 

I expect "sales-speak" but, it doesn't make it any less annoying.

My peeve is the adding of "story" to value or colour - as in "here's the value story".  I also dislike the marketing terminology such as "pack-up". ("Here's what you get in the pack-up")  

Contributor

It’s true.....I like Patty but she does say no worries over and over way too much. I thought it was just me that it bothered. Usually things like that, who cares, but after awhile it is on my nerves. I can almost predict when she is going to say it. Lol

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@trenet wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

It would be interesting to see what their marketing studies show about the use of specific words and phrases in relationship to sales. 

I expect "sales-speak" but, it doesn't make it any less annoying.

My peeve is the adding of "story" to value or colour - as in "here's the value story".  I also dislike the marketing terminology such as "pack-up". ("Here's what you get in the pack-up")  

Oh, I agree.  Expecting "sales-speak" doesn't mean I like it.  I actually don't watch much anymore because a lot of what they say is annoying.

Unfortunately many people are enticed to buy when certain words and phrases are used, and QVC will continue to do whatever brings in the money. I wouldn't expect that to ever change.