Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,586
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Re: PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER FOR THIS BEAUTY VENDOR

Bless Dana and her family.....positive thoughts and prayers being sent.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,570
Registered: ‎09-13-2012

Re: PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER FOR THIS BEAUTY VENDOR


@MomCat wrote:

Ms X - I think you have missed the whole point here.  Dana has obviously made this decision based on what doctors have been told her they can, and more importantly can't, do for her.  It is at that point we ALL would be forced to make the hard treatment decisions.  Or not.  No one makes a decision to travel off to find alternatives if what is being presented is iron clad positive.  My prayers and best wishes are with Dana.  There are no wrong decisions right now.


MomCat:  No doctor or team of doctors is infallible.  I knew someone about ten years ago whose relative was a heavy smoker and must have known she had cancer.  One day she literally drove herself to a world-renowned cancer center and walked in.  They rushed her into surgery as the cancer was strangling her windpipe or something.  They didn't even expect her to survive the surgery.  Well, let me tell you, she did and she survived about three more years because she was given one of those new experimental drugs.  The thing about these new therapies is that some people respond remarkably to them.  At one point she was the only one in the entire country taking it.  Her doctor told the drug company that they had to keep giving it to her because it was the only thing that was keeping her alive.  She had good quality of life for those years and got to see her son marry.

 

I can't say I know Dana's situation, and I'm not telling her what to do.  However, I did want to offer my two cents in case it helps.  I'm not saying she has to do anything in particular, but there are stories out there that offer people hope.  Further, oncology has made new strides in the nearly 10 years since the person I told you about was treated.

 

I can't imagine why some of you ladies tell me what I can and can't say.  I'm not telling you what to say.  I'm just relating what I know and have seen just in case it helps beautiful Dana. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,978
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER FOR THIS BEAUTY VENDOR

Dana is a brave woman - I admire her strength.  Glad to join in the prayers.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,144
Registered: ‎05-16-2015

Re: PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER FOR THIS BEAUTY VENDOR

 

 

 

 

 


@Ms X wrote:

@AngelLove2 wrote:

Ms X, you obviously have not had cancer. The only positive advice you gave was recommending immunotherapy. Who knows, maybe that isn't an option for her. You also don't know how fast her cancer is growing. I have been through a lot of what Dana has been through and I would not want to go there again. I, too, would look for something alternative. Unless you have walked in Dana's shoes, I recommend just praying for her to make the right decision.


AngelLove:  Please do not tell me what to say.  You have your way of wishing her well and I have mine.  My advice is more than sound and it is based upon current experience.  If she hasn't looked into new treatments and whether she can get some of the holistic therapies from a conventional center, it is good advice that she should.  And I don't regret offering this advice.


 

 

 

I think a couple of things must be remembered here.

 

First, we do not know for sure where her two recurrence's are located, and/or how far along or intense they might be. They (God forbid) could be in areas that can't be operated on at this time.

 

Secondly, Dana's main point about having cancer again now is that she DOES NOT want to go through what she did before at all, in any manner, even including the five year medication she took after her recommended treatments.

 

She has talked with a large number of specialists as well as oncologists. One thing Dana is is informed. That girl does her research and homework involving anything in her life at all. She is a smart cookie.

 

At this point to suggest she seek other treatments is futile. She has had since September to make her decision and is at peace with it for herself and with her family.

 

This is why I asked that everyone pray for her and support her decisions.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,570
Registered: ‎09-13-2012

Re: PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER FOR THIS BEAUTY VENDOR


@keithsmom65 wrote:

 

 

 

 

 


@Ms X wrote:

@AngelLove2 wrote:

Ms X, you obviously have not had cancer. The only positive advice you gave was recommending immunotherapy. Who knows, maybe that isn't an option for her. You also don't know how fast her cancer is growing. I have been through a lot of what Dana has been through and I would not want to go there again. I, too, would look for something alternative. Unless you have walked in Dana's shoes, I recommend just praying for her to make the right decision.


AngelLove:  Please do not tell me what to say.  You have your way of wishing her well and I have mine.  My advice is more than sound and it is based upon current experience.  If she hasn't looked into new treatments and whether she can get some of the holistic therapies from a conventional center, it is good advice that she should.  And I don't regret offering this advice.


 

 

 

I think a couple of things must be remembered here.

 

First, we do not know for sure where her two recurrence's are located, and/or how far along or intense they might be. They (God forbid) could be in areas that can't be operated on at this time.

 

Secondly, Dana's main point about having cancer again now is that she DOES NOT want to go through what she did before at all, in any manner, even including the five year medication she took after her recommended treatments.

 

She has talked with a large number of specialists as well as oncologists. One thing Dana is is informed. That girl does her research and homework involving anything in her life at all. She is a smart cookie.

 

At this point to suggest she seek other treatments is futile. She has had since September to make her decision and is at peace with it for herself and with her family.

 

This is why I asked that everyone pray for her and support her decisions.


Redhead:  What don't you understand about posters being free to contribute what they think best?  If you don't like the excellent info I've offered here, don't read my posts.  It's not your business to decide what everyone must say on this board.  Frankly, I think my info is the most important part of this thread.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,135
Registered: ‎04-30-2013

Re: PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER FOR THIS BEAUTY VENDOR


@Ms X wrote:

@keithsmom65 wrote:

 

 

 

 

 


@Ms X wrote:

@AngelLove2 wrote:

Ms X, you obviously have not had cancer. The only positive advice you gave was recommending immunotherapy. Who knows, maybe that isn't an option for her. You also don't know how fast her cancer is growing. I have been through a lot of what Dana has been through and I would not want to go there again. I, too, would look for something alternative. Unless you have walked in Dana's shoes, I recommend just praying for her to make the right decision.


AngelLove:  Please do not tell me what to say.  You have your way of wishing her well and I have mine.  My advice is more than sound and it is based upon current experience.  If she hasn't looked into new treatments and whether she can get some of the holistic therapies from a conventional center, it is good advice that she should.  And I don't regret offering this advice.


 

 

 

I think a couple of things must be remembered here.

 

First, we do not know for sure where her two recurrence's are located, and/or how far along or intense they might be. They (God forbid) could be in areas that can't be operated on at this time.

 

Secondly, Dana's main point about having cancer again now is that she DOES NOT want to go through what she did before at all, in any manner, even including the five year medication she took after her recommended treatments.

 

She has talked with a large number of specialists as well as oncologists. One thing Dana is is informed. That girl does her research and homework involving anything in her life at all. She is a smart cookie.

 

At this point to suggest she seek other treatments is futile. She has had since September to make her decision and is at peace with it for herself and with her family.

 

This is why I asked that everyone pray for her and support her decisions.


Redhead:  What don't you understand about posters being free to contribute what they think best?  If you don't like the excellent info I've offered here, don't read my posts.  It's not your business to decide what everyone must say on this board.  Frankly, I think my info is the most important part of this thread.


Yes, Ms X, frankly, your post is the most important part of the thread. And dam anyone who thinks otherwise!  .

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,144
Registered: ‎05-16-2015

Re: PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER FOR THIS BEAUTY VENDOR

[ Edited ]

@Ms X wrote:

@keithsmom65 wrote:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dana wants to live her life vibrantly, with peace, joy, affirmations and in the style similar to when she was her happiest prior to her first bout with cancer. She did it the conventional way then but want to add other discoveries to her quality of life as she expands her mind, body and spirit. This is quite a personal journey she desires to take in the manner which pleases her most. She has a very firm grasp on what she is going to do and has a very affirmative attitude about it all.

 

She is taking charge of her life in a manner that makes her feel best with the approval of her  family and those who love her.

 

I don't feel that casting any disspirited  opinions is in her best interest.

 

My goal in posting this thread is to inform those who care for her and request their prayers and support.

 

I will continue to support her and pray for her throughout all of her future endeavors and pray that her followers will do likewise.


Well, I think my post was the most important one on this thread.  It contains information that could help save Dana's life.  I think that's more important than your wish for us all to stay within the confines of what you think people should say to her when you invite comments.


 

You are incorrect with this comment. It is not MY wish, rather Dana's comments and concerns as told to me.

 

BTW, you have not had cancer and recovered. I have...

Contributor
Posts: 52
Registered: ‎09-12-2014

Re: PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER FOR THIS BEAUTY VENDOR

I have prayed for her.

May she be blessed on this journey.  . .

~there is never an excuse to be unkind~
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,956
Registered: ‎06-10-2010

Re: PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER FOR THIS BEAUTY VENDOR

Well, one thing is for sure, everyone wants what is best for Dana.  The fact that so many want what is best for her is admirable.  Only she can decide that now.  She has the option to change her mind at any time.  It sounds to me like she has thought everything through.  I know people who have chosen different paths.  Some were willing to do it for 2 more years of life....others were not.  Others get a miracle!  Who knows what a day brings for any of us?  

 

Dana......I send you a big hug.  A teddy bear hug!  Feel the love, dear one.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,144
Registered: ‎05-16-2015

Re: PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER FOR THIS BEAUTY VENDOR


@Jubilant wrote:

Well, one thing is for sure, everyone wants what is best for Dana.  The fact that so many want what is best for her is admirable.  Only she can decide that now.  She has the option to change her mind at any time.  It sounds to me like she has thought everything through.  I know people who have chosen different paths.  Some were willing to do it for 2 more years of life....others were not.  Others get a miracle!  Who knows what a day brings for any of us?  

 

Dana......I send you a big hug.  A teddy bear hug!  Feel the love, dear one.


 

 

 

Lovely, beautiful post. You make a great deal of sense.

 

Holiday blessings to all