Trusted Contributor

PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER FOR THIS BEAUTY VENDOR

[ Edited ]

For those of you unaware, our prayers and support are needed for beauty vendor, Dana Bledsoe from Dr. Perricone Pharmaceuticals.

Six years ago Dana was diagnosed with breast cancer and treated, and then took post-treatment medication for the folllowing five years.

The last week of September she had tests as a routine check up and was told by her physicians that the cancer has returned in two different places in her body this time.

Dana is a strong and vibrant woman

and has been steeped in nutrition and all good things of mind and body to help her fight against this insidious illness.

However, she said that the cancer before didn't bother her as much as the long-term treatments that robbed her of her vitality and abilities to function as a wife, mother of three and dedicated worker.

So now, she is off on a personal journey to delve deeper and learn more about holistic healings to treat her body this time. 

So her desire is to go to Florida, California and on to Brazil (I think)

to become enmeshed in various teachings and methods of healing for her mind, body and spirit against  this recurrence of cancer.

I hope you will join me in keeping her in our prayers as she undertakes this

incredible odyssey.

She is currently in Florida but will be back on air on the 22nd for Tuesday Night Beauty.

I will impart further information as I receive it from her.

Thank you for your show of love and support.

Super Contributor

Re: PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAYER FOR THIS BEAUTY VENDOR

Thank you for the update on dear Dana.  That's so awful, but I'm glad she can pursue a cure her way.  Sending her prayers of healing and peace. She is a beautiful,person. 

Regular Contributor

All good thougts, feelings and energy being sent to Beautiful Dana and her family!

Honored Contributor

@redhead65I am so sorry to hear this about Dana.  Devastating news.  May she continue to have the strength and courage and support she needs to fight once again.

Esteemed Contributor

I pray that Dana can be helped. Having survived two different cancers, I know how frightening this can be. I hope she can come through this and continue to a long and healthy life.

Respected Contributor

Stay strong Dana -  sending you prayers...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Will her quest for an alternative therapy allow her cancer to grow and cost her her life?  I don't want to be negative, but I'd hate to see this happen.  As awful as the initial treatments must have been, they did the job and gave her years of cancer-free living.  I'm no expert, but I'd stick with established therapies and if I wanted cutting edge go for some very promising new therapies provided by the best oncologists in the country.  Many top hospitals also have some holistic therapies to GO WITH their conventional treatments that have saved so many.  There's nutrition and all kinds of other additional therapies she might get at a major medical center.

Some of the new cancer treatments (immunotherapy?) have far fewer side effects than traditional chemotherapy.  They have the added benefit of being the result of research and testing and in many cases they've shown FABULOUS RESULTS.  Why go to Brazil when there's a whole new world of cancer treatments opening up right now in America's top medical centers?  PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS, DANA.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dana wants to live her life vibrantly, with peace, joy, affirmations and in the style similar to when she was her happiest prior to her first bout with cancer. She did it the conventional way then but want to add other discoveries to her quality of life as she expands her mind, body and spirit. This is quite a personal journey she desires to take in the manner which pleases her most. She has a very firm grasp on what she is going to do and has a very affirmative attitude about it all.

She is taking charge of her life in a manner that makes her feel best with the approval of her  family and those who love her.

I don't feel that casting any disspirited  opinions is in her best interest.

My goal in posting this thread is to inform those who care for her and request their prayers and support.

I will continue to support her and pray for her throughout all of her future endeavors and pray that her followers will do likewise.

Honored Contributor

Anyone can follow her in this journey on facebook under Dana Bledsoe This Moment. She has invited all who wish to receive her updates weekly to like her blog page. My best thoughts and prayers to this lovely woman in every step of her journey. 

Valued Contributor

G-d Bless Dana.  I pray she gets better.  I'm also in my second battle with cancer so I feel her fright.  Especially since she has kids.   I will pray for her and hope for the best.  Thank you for sharing this with us.