Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I don't buy clothing from QVC.  I wear a petite size and they don't offer my size in things that I would be interested in.

In the past, I purchased d&co petal pushers that fit for about 1-2 hours, then they grew and looked sloppy with the crotch of the pants near my knees.  I couldn't keep them up.

I buy shoes once in a while, but usually I can find exactly what QVC offers on Amazon for less money and free shipping.

i don't watch QVC much anymore.  I just look on line to see what they are offering.  I used to take days offf from work to watch the whole day Iike for silver creed or all day gems.  Now I am home and hardly ever watch.  

@Carmie, I just bought two pair of pedal pushers from Quacker Factory. They just had a tiny flower bling at the hem. They were l7" inseam, and I ordered an XXS. My usual size is 6 or XS.

They fit a little snug, but they stretched a little as usual and fit perfectly. Of course they cost $40 something plus S&H. I got them even though high, because of the l7" inseam. I'm 5'4".

Regular Contributor

I have been in several Macy's stores that have done away with their petite section as well.  I told them I would shop somewhere that appreciates my business.

It is what it is!!!
Honored Contributor

@Nannerbelles wrote:

I have been in several Macy's stores that have done away with their petite section as well.  I told them I would shop somewhere that appreciates my business.

Try shopping Macy's online.  I get a lot of petites there.  (Karen Scott, Charter Club, JM collection, etc.)  Hope this helps.  I have given up on QVC ever having petites.

Respected Contributor

I hadn't had problems with pants. However, I ordered a dress in two sizes petite, because I couldn't be sure of the sizing. Neither one fit. They fit strangely.

I am just over the line for the usual Q medium size because of my bust. It's how they order the clothes. There is this huge bump in large and large is clearly too big in the shoulders, waist, etc. 

Now I realize they can't design for every figure, but it's strange and there's no standardization. They show one size on TV and then show the actual garment fit. They should show the actual garment fit. That should cut down on returns.

Q has a very limited range of clothing for petites and you're really paying for them to process and send the item to your home. So alterations are out of the question unless you have tailoring skills.

Occasional Contributor

I agree, just don't order petite pants on QVC anymore! When is the Q going to have Short length pants? Most of the petite pants are 3 or4 inches too long on me, I used to order Women with Contol and loved the pants, but they are just too long for me now! 

Honored Contributor

@Brigitta wrote:

Yes. Not every petite is an xxs. I'm a Medium and need a  petite size. I also have had many returns and am awaiting the dreaded letter! I refuse to keep something that does NOT fit!

@Brigitta

Im petite and medium too and Ive given up on QVC clothing the sizing is inconsistent even within the same brand. And I hate it when they have for example a long cardigan sweater and say that a model is a petite and even though the sweater doesnt come in a petite it fits her fine....but what they fail to mention is that the petite model is wearing shoes with a high heel, so if the petite wanted to wear it with flats or sneakers it would be too long then since the sweater didnt come in petite sizes.........Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@grooms wrote:

You would think with all the stick models they have that they would do more for the petite.  Instead of this stupid Q2 channel which is not "live" for very long.....they would take advantage of another channel that only specializes for the petite but anymore....QVC caters to the XL to XXL and the extra wide shoes and the size DDDD bras and everything huge.  Anymore I even dislike reading the reviews on a clothing item because it seems to me at least 75% of the reviews complain the clothes and shoes run small and they even admit they are on the large size so....cannot get accurate reviews on the clothing.  They need a petite QVC or and extra large QVC channel instead of the stupid Q2 and Beauty chennels.

@grooms

I even suggested in reviews that the reviewer list the size they ordered or body shape as a pull down category for information (not just it if was too small, too large, or  correct fit)....then you get a better idea of how the clothes are fitting....of course my suggestion was ignored....tired of returns so that just means no clothing purchases from me for QVC

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I really don't understand the problem with offering Petites in almost every style.  I am still reading that the average American woman is approximately 5'4" in height and a size 14.   That rings closer to a petite for me than the regulars being offered everywhere. 

But last week I ordered a pair of slacks from a Kasper collection. They arrived, the packaging said Petite, but the inseam measured 32 inches. The package was sealed, and the tag inside said Petite.  What????

@Perkup

From what Ive heard and read it's now a size 16.......

From Jenna Fratello-Today-Sept 29, 2016 (cant post links because the page contains ads which aren't allowed per QVC Forum rules) 

American women have long been told that the average size is 14. Wrong! It's actually a size 16, reveals a study in the International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education that sheds a major light on how retailers view the term "average.'"

Esteemed Contributor

@Brigitta wrote:

Yes. Not every petite is an xxs. I'm a Medium and need a  petite size. I also have had many returns and am awaiting the dreaded letter! I refuse to keep something that does NOT fit!

First I returned, and then I stopped buying. Everything is long, even if it isn't labled tunic. Long tops are not a good proportion for petites. Little stump legs is not a good look.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Brigitta wrote:

First I returned, and then I stopped buying. Everything is long, even if it isn't labled tunic. Long tops are not a good proportion for petites. Little stump legs is not a good look.

@febe1 wrote:

@Brigitta wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Brigitta wrote:

I'm quite short and I certainly agree with your statements.