New Contributor

I love QVC and have been a customer for many years. In fact, at this very moment I am enjoying the cozy warm heat from my Duraflame I purchased a couple of years ago. AS OF TODAY I AM NO LONGER A QVC CUSTOMER! In fact I will be returning all of my recent purchases. I unexpectedly encountered a short term financial hardship. I called QVC and asked if they would postpone my easy pay payments (there are 2 totaling around $54) for 2 weeks. I spoke with M who emailed the corporate office and said they would/should email me back with a confirmation of some kind. I had not received any response as it got closer to one of my payments coming due. I called customer service and spoke with M or L who immediately informed me that they do not change the due dates on easy payments ever. I told her that I was not told that previously. This actually hurts my heart.

THE GREAT NEWS IS ....HSN DID WORK WITH ME! They believe in my motto: PEOPLE FIRST!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

This is a wonderful suggestion and kind human gesture for QVC to implement.

Honored Contributor

Re: PEOPLE FIRST ... ALWAYS!

I'm trying not to buy so much from QVC any more , I buy from Shop HQ more these days. Yeah, people want their money when you buy on credit and I don't buy any thing I can't cover, it was nice of HSN to do that for you.

Honored Contributor

I understand your point of view and agree that's how it should be. Sadly, I think most retail entities, businesses, are notoriously unforgiving... I'm glad HSN was willing to work out a plan with you.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

That IS really nice of HSN.
New Contributor

With your due date coming, if its on your credit card, it will just reject and you will be asked to update your credit card. This will take a few weeks before you receive a letter from QVC, by then your two weeks that you needed will have come and gone and you can just call and ask them to process the payment again.

Trusted Contributor

While I can appreciate your predicament, your condemnation of QVC is out of line. You agreed to pay for the items following their schedule, and the many people who work at QVC rely on their customers to pay promptly because their livelihood depends on it. "People first" goes both ways.

Super Contributor

QVC is a business, your money comes first. They are not your friend. You made the purchases, agreed to the easy pay terms and then can't pay. It's your fault that you overspent and didn't budget appropriately, not theirs.

Trusted Contributor

The down side of EP, it's tempting and yes you can over extend yourself. Also, none of us know what we might run up against, 3,4,5 months down the road, financially. It would be nice to think that all businesses would go out of their way to help us, if we run into problems, but with huge companies and automated systems, it rarely works that way.
Super Contributor

You are right - it is a business and I ran into trouble with good old EZP too - finally paid it all off and vowed ""no more"" EZP - you never know what can happen to the income you think you will have!

Honored Contributor

Can you imagine the nightmare QVC would have if this practice became common? With a sophisticated computer system it would be impossible. Will credit card companies delays a due date? Never heard of it happening. They'll charge a stiff late fee and report you to the credit bureau.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment