New Contributor

'PENDING' Charges - OMG

[ Edited ]

Is anyone having trouble getting "Pending Charges" to drop off?  I currently have 2 $75.00 charges that have been pending since this order was placed and then canceled back in early June.  Customer Service has tried to cancel several times but the order goes into Backorder Or Order in Process status, charging me again for the order.  Several times I've had 3 "Pending Charges".  I know the CS staff is trying to help but they say it's a computer problem . . . well, it's tying up money on my card?????

Honored Contributor

@Smokin    I wouldn't want any pending charges hanging around that long, but I use a credit card to shop so pending charges don't tie up any money.  BUT-  I don't charge close to my credit limit.  If I did, I believe those pending charges could be more of a problem.   Not willing to find out!

Esteemed Contributor

@Smokin ,  I am not sure of the ins and outs but maybe let them know via chats, email, phone, etc., the facts (I always like it in writing) and that you will be filing a complaint with BBB or FTC, etc.  Especially if it is affecting your account.  Not that it will do any good, a compaint, other than they don't want a bunch of complaints against them so they may actually get that taken care of for you.   Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Smokin 

Send an email with your order info to Qvcsocialteam@QVC.com, they'll help you straighten it out.

Welcome to the forums!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: 'PENDING' Charges - OMG

[ Edited ]

Have you contacted your financial institution?  They are usually responsible for removing those charges.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yikes, that sounds scary. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Smokin ,  I am not sure of the ins and outs but maybe let them know via chats, email, phone, etc., the facts (I always like it in writing) and that you will be filing a complaint with BBB or FTC, etc.  Especially if it is affecting your account.  Not that it will do any good, a compaint, other than they don't want a bunch of complaints against them so they may actually get that taken care of for you.   Good luck!

Yup, won't do any good ...

BBB has no authority.

I agree with @Kachina624   financial institutions all have their own time limits as to when pre-authorizations fall off your account.

I would contact them and the moderators for assistance.