Honored Contributor

Re: PAYING YOUR OWN RETURN SHIPPING (NOT USING QVC LABEL)

QVC is continuously being "unjustly enriched" by mischaring people for a return label they aren't using.   And...QVC has known about this for a very long time and lets it continue.

This is really disgraceful -- and just plain wrong.  I have absolutely no doubt that QVC execs are aware of this and apparently have done nothing to stop it - for years.

Honored Contributor

I wish people would complaining about QVC deducting the $6.95 when people pay their own postage.  Nobody here can do a thing about it.  Its a universal and ongoing practice where the Q is scamming its customers.  File complaints with Federal Trade Commission.  It's easy to do online.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Jasmine19 wrote:

I suspect that the unused return label may get scanned if you leave it attached to your return receipt. I always remove it before I package items to return with my own postage. So far I have not been charged for shipping.

I always remove their postage paid label and it still has happened to me too many times to count.

I don't even use the pay on your own label so there is any confusion.  I use a big black marker and handwrite the return address....yet it happens.

This has been a bone of contention for so many QVC customers' yet nothing is ever done.

I also remove QVC’s prepaid label.  I use a big black permanent magic marker and cross out all information on the original label.  I buy my own blank address labels and put them on the package and hand write the QVC return mailing address and THEY STILL CHARGE ME THE $6.95 fee.  However problem solved.  I simply no longer buy from QVC.

Honored Contributor

@12andcountingYou're right -  it shouldn't be happening, but if you know a way they can get those responsible to do their jobs correctly, you're a way better teacher than I ever was. I don't even think it's company policy to try to cheat us.  It's the same lack of attention to detail or correctness that creates so many of our societal problems.   Unless there's technology that bypasses human hands, I'm not optimistic. 

And if QVC is making money because people don't check their accounts regularly, that's sad.  I still believe the only person who truly cares about my money is me. 

Contributor

I have not had this problem but something similar.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I returned an item a few months ago, knew I had to pay return postage.  When I got email confirming refund, I was refunded less than expected.   I called CS.  Was told that I had to pay back the initial S&H charged for shipping to me from QVC plus pay the S&H from me -- double S&H payment (to and from QVC).  I told  CS rep  I was never charged the initial QVC S&H before (not in 20+ years), just the return S&H.  The CS rep said this has been practice for a long time.   News to me.   Now I think twice before ordering an item.  

Esteemed Contributor

It has been at least 18 months since QVC changed their policy and no longer refunds your original S&H on outgoing orders if you return something.  So if you send something back and use the Q prepaid label you are out at least $9:95 assuming the original S&H was $3.00.  I also,find that very little ships for $3.00. The outgoing S&H has been creeping up,substantially.  I paid $11.00 recently to have shoes shipped. I kept them but it would have cost me a total,of $17.95 if I had returned them using the Q label.  QVC is no longer any great bargain which is why I have stopped shopping with them.

Valued Contributor

Yes,this happened to me.I called customer service!

Contributor

I used their prepaid label on an item. This was in July. I forgot to check right away. It was probably two months and no credit. After calling QVC who referred me to the post office in my town, they couldn't locate it. I had to call CS again who said to call their post office. No package anywhere. After getting the runaround for a few hours, the Q told me there was nothing else they could do to trace the package. Nothing helped by using their label. I lost the money on that purchase. 😒
Contributor

I agree.  I always remove any return label from the return paperwork I send with the returned merchandize.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mpdal1 wrote:
I used their prepaid label on an item. This was in July. I forgot to check right away. It was probably two months and no credit. After calling QVC who referred me to the post office in my town, they couldn't locate it. I had to call CS again who said to call their post office. No package anywhere. After getting the runaround for a few hours, the Q told me there was nothing else they could do to trace the package. Nothing helped by using their label. I lost the money on that purchase. 😒

It is my understanding that using the QVC prepaid return label provides insurance on your,package in the event it is lost.