Honored Contributor

Re: PAGING STEVIE!!!!! LEAD WITH THE BAG OPPORTUNITY!

On 2/6/2014 stevieb said:

{#emotions_dlg.crying} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I know, I know... I really need to turn over a new leaf. I try. I really do, but I'm just so very weak... I'll do better. I really will...

Cool

My name is stevie and I'm a bagaholic...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}......."bagaholic".........priceless.......

Oh Stevie if you saw that leather bag store in the Texas Hill Country you would go out of your mind.....and wallets, and change purses....even cute leather key rings....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I know, I know... I really need to turn over a new leaf. I try. I really do, but I'm just so very weak... I'll do better. I really will...

Cool

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}......."bagaholic".........priceless.......

Oh Stevie if you saw that leather bag store in the Texas Hill Country you would go out of your mind.....and wallets, and change purses....even cute leather key rings....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2014 katiescarlett said:

I would really like to get a nice bag one of these days, but I look at the prices and think of how many bales of hay I could buy with that money!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}Sigh.....but I do love my horses. {#emotions_dlg.wub} They get new shoes before I do.Wink

The Dooney bags look nice but they all seem to be so big! I do have an all weather leather vintage equestrian Dooney in green and tan that I paid $17 for including shipping off ebay. It has the opposite problem as it is a tad too small. And it does check out as authentic. And it was made in USA. Why are they so expensive when they are now made in China?

HEY KS----why are pet/horse products so expensive.....my sister said her cat is going to need to find a job....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

PSSST....don't tell Stevie but I found a very nice bag with GREAT organization on sale at JCP for $25.....certainly not up to Stevie and her Hampton's Wink

Honored Contributor

On 2/7/2014 SPURT said:

I would really like to get a nice bag one of these days, but I look at the prices and think of how many bales of hay I could buy with that money!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}Sigh.....but I do love my horses. {#emotions_dlg.wub} They get new shoes before I do.Wink

The Dooney bags look nice but they all seem to be so big! I do have an all weather leather vintage equestrian Dooney in green and tan that I paid $17 for including shipping off ebay. It has the opposite problem as it is a tad too small. And it does check out as authentic. And it was made in USA. Why are they so expensive when they are now made in China?

HEY KS----why are pet/horse products so expensive.....my sister said her cat is going to need to find a job....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

PSSST....don't tell Stevie but I found a very nice bag with GREAT organization on sale at JCP for $25.....certainly not up to Stevie and her Hampton's Wink

Oh please, a bag from JCP... how very, very declasse...

I'd be run out of the Hamptons... They're revoke my club membership... Perish the thought...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 2/7/2014 SPURT said:

Cool

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Do they have a website...

{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Honored Contributor

Hey KS, Dooney makes some great smaller bags too, but yes even they tend to be pricey unless bought at the right place and the right time, which means rarely here... As for the whole China thing, well really, these days what isn't made there... Not much it seems. Pricey as they are, you have to believe that if they were made here they'd be even more so.

Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2014 stevieb said:

Do we have Macy's? Oh honey, it's about the only mid-range department store left in the Nation's Qwapitol and we have plenty of them... And, as much as I appreciate your bringing to my attention yet ANOTHER opportunity to lead with the bag, I've done some serious, serious bag damage lately and so I'm going to have to pass this one up...

As for the other thing, well, what can I say. I don't even follow who the Bullets, uh, I mean the Wizards... are playing, though I guess they're not quite the regional embarrassment they have been for the past few years... so while your team might be in town, sorry to say I won't be entertaining them personally... I am, however, following some of the college teams, since my own team from the University of Virginia is having a better year than usual... Certainly better than their football team. Talk about regional embarrassments...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Stevie....WOW!!! That was some game between the Spurs vs Wizards....Spurs were BEHIND by 17....they finally showed up in the second half thanks to Tim Duncan, Danny Green....and my favorite, Patty Mills the Aussie......it ended up going to DOUBLE OVERTIME!!!!....WHEW!!!! I was exhausted. .....But since everyone was so exhausted when we played against Brooklyn Coach Pop gave what appeared to be the rest of our starters a rest--Timmy reason "old"....Boris Diaw....food poisoning.....{#emotions_dlg.huh} Tony...back injury....so we get smeared by the Nets....and this was a national TV game....I sense a fine coming for not playing our starters.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} But that is something I should be celebrating....Commish Mel Torme (he looks just like him) aka David Stern has RETIRED....YEAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Yes the hater of small market teams is gone....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Dont know much about the new guy, but he looks a little dopey and nerdy....{#emotions_dlg.huh}

Honored Contributor

On 2/7/2014 stevieb said:
On 2/7/2014 SPURT said:

Cool

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Do they have a website...

{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} {#emotions_dlg.blink}

http://leatherswithstyle.com/

There website stinks they dont have any of the cute purses I saw in their shop online...but they show a purse with a horse for KS.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

433MST Anuschka Handbag

Valued Contributor

On 2/7/2014 SPURT said:

My mother used to say what I spent on my dogs and horses was my beer and cigarette money since I don't smoke and drink very little. I told her I would be a chain smoking alcoholic with what I spent on my dogs and horses! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.laugh} By keeping mine at home, buying hay by the truckload, and being blessed with "easy keepers," my expenses are actually pretty low compared to someone who has to board. What little I buy now, I buy online rather than at tack shops because it is cheaper; I pretty much don't need anything now - don't need more brushes, buckets, halters, lead ropes, etc. But from someone who has had horses for 30 years, there is a lot of qwap out there and the typical backyard horse owner like me does not need 90% of it! But I could have a nice Dooney bag with what I spend on two visits from the horseshoer!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Your secret about the bag at Penny's is safe with me.Wink

P.S. I had QVC on in the background last night and heard Lisa say about a particular bracelet that the status look of equestrian was very "in." She said some nonsense about having a bridle and bit in her bedroom.{#emotions_dlg.confused1} Whoa, won't go there!Wink

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

On 2/7/2014 SPURT said:
On 2/5/2014 stevieb said:

Do we have Macy's? Oh honey, it's about the only mid-range department store left in the Nation's Qwapitol and we have plenty of them... And, as much as I appreciate your bringing to my attention yet ANOTHER opportunity to lead with the bag, I've done some serious, serious bag damage lately and so I'm going to have to pass this one up...

As for the other thing, well, what can I say. I don't even follow who the Bullets, uh, I mean the Wizards... are playing, though I guess they're not quite the regional embarrassment they have been for the past few years... so while your team might be in town, sorry to say I won't be entertaining them personally... I am, however, following some of the college teams, since my own team from the University of Virginia is having a better year than usual... Certainly better than their football team. Talk about regional embarrassments...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Stevie....WOW!!! That was some game between the Spurs vs Wizards....Spurs were BEHIND by 17....they finally showed up in the second half thanks to Tim Duncan, Danny Green....and my favorite, Patty Mills the Aussie......it ended up going to DOUBLE OVERTIME!!!!....WHEW!!!! I was exhausted. .....But since everyone was so exhausted when we played against Brooklyn Coach Pop gave what appeared to be the rest of our starters a rest--Timmy reason "old"....Boris Diaw....food poisoning.....{#emotions_dlg.huh} Tony...back injury....so we get smeared by the Nets....and this was a national TV game....I sense a fine coming for not playing our starters.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} But that is something I should be celebrating....Commish Mel Torme (he looks just like him) aka David Stern has RETIRED....YEAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Yes the hater of small market teams is gone....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Dont know much about the new guy, but he looks a little dopey and nerdy....{#emotions_dlg.huh}

A Manning, perhaps?

I saw a guy in the hallway today at work wearing a Spurs cap... Glad you enjoyed the game, but personally, I didn't even know when they played!

I'll leave that horsey purse for KS... Not that it looks like it, but it still puts me in mind of the Lucy episode where Fred and Ricky buy Lucy and Ethel 'couture' clothes made out of a horse's feedbag, an ice bucket and burlap... Jacques Marcel, I think it was...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}