Honored Contributor

PAGING STEVIE!!!!! LEAD WITH THE BAG OPPORTUNITY!

Hey Stevie....I thought of you this morning....MACY'S is having a sale to honor WOMAN'S HEART MONTH! They are having a sale including HANDBAGS.....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} And if you wear RED you get an extra 20% off......I dont know if you have a MACY'S near you but I thought I would share that....because perhaps you can get a deal on a Dooney since we count on you to be ON TREND....and....LEAD WITH THE BAG! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

OH BTW....my Spurs are in your area to play the Wizards....I know your not into sports...BUT you better treat "my boys" nice!!!! I know the Wizards have improved and are at .500 and beat some of our top teams in the West already!!!!.......We are short handed with Manu and Kawai with injuries, and Tiago is just getting back and needs to get into condition.....our "French Connection" had to save the day in the closing seconds of the game.... I'll be watching the game and they always show a few Redskins in the stands....Wink Have a great day and GO SPURS GO! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: PAGING STEVIE!!!!! LEAD WITH THE BAG OPPORTUNITY!

Do we have Macy's? Oh honey, it's about the only mid-range department store left in the Nation's Qwapitol and we have plenty of them... And, as much as I appreciate your bringing to my attention yet ANOTHER opportunity to lead with the bag, I've done some serious, serious bag damage lately and so I'm going to have to pass this one up...

As for the other thing, well, what can I say. I don't even follow who the Bullets, uh, I mean the Wizards... are playing, though I guess they're not quite the regional embarrassment they have been for the past few years... so while your team might be in town, sorry to say I won't be entertaining them personally... I am, however, following some of the college teams, since my own team from the University of Virginia is having a better year than usual... Certainly better than their football team. Talk about regional embarrassments...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

I see you edited out your post, Bobby, but in response... It's early days on the Clayton. I wouldn't give up by a long shot. If Dooney is true to form they'll continue presenting fresh colors for several more months. It might just still show up in aqua... As for me, I'm not sure an intervention will do it. I'm thinking I need to be committed to a half-way house for purse bad girls... The Ripka ladies often talk about their 'bad girls bench' and some of us bag ladies have adopted that concept... I have assigned seating on the bench and a plaque designating my life-time membership...

Wink

Super Contributor

On 2/5/2014 stevieb said:

I see you edited out your post, Bobby, but in response... It's early days on the Clayton. I wouldn't give up by a long shot. If Dooney is true to form they'll continue presenting fresh colors for several more months. It might just still show up in aqua... As for me, I'm not sure an intervention will do it. I'm thinking I need to be committed to a half-way house for purse bad girls... The Ripka ladies often talk about their 'bad girls bench' and some of us bag ladies have adopted that concept... I have assigned seating on the bench and a plaque designating my life-time membership...

Wink

Hello Stevie,

I didn't want to hijack Spurt's post...but, yes the more I think about it...you are definitely past any Intervention. I'm not even so sure a half way house would help at this point {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. I hold little hope for the Clayton coming out in aqua. I called Dooney CS and they said there was no upcoming order for her in the aqua. So, my hopes were really dashed. It's my dream bag, I just love everything about her. I guess you are about as bad as those Ripkinista's. Since there are upcoming Dooney shows this weekend...you will probably find yourself back on that bench once again{#emotions_dlg.laugh}.

I'm sure another Dooney will be headed your way soon Wink.

Honored Contributor

Hanging my head in shame... Lordy, Lordy, Lordy...

{#emotions_dlg.blush}

I just noticed that one of my favorite Dooney silhouettes, the Chelsea shopper, has been unleashed in a whole slew of new colors for summer... including both the BONE... and 'mustard', which is reminiscent of an older Dooney color that used to be called 'old gold' and that I love-love-love... And this week has already seen me falling off the wagon quite badly, both with Dooney and a couple of other bags from TJ Maxx, including a Minkoff bag I put on layaway... Yes Bobby, I'm afraid my posterior is firmly affixed to that bench... And yet, I do so love the Chelsea and have yet to even begin to get over the Clayton in bone... I fear you're right and that I'm simply too far gone...

{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

If there is to be no Clayton in aqua then my advice to you would be to either hold onto the Logo Lock in your chosen color or see if there is another bag in aqua you prefer and at the same time to select the Clayton in another shade you love... I say this NOT to try to impose my handbag addiction on anyone else, but simply because the Clayton bag is like no other. It truly is a spectacular handbag that can only be fully appreciated up close and personal...

Wink

Saving a spot on the bench just for you, Bobby...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 2/6/2014 stevieb said:

Hanging my head in shame... Lordy, Lordy, Lordy...

{#emotions_dlg.blush}

I just noticed that one of my favorite Dooney silhouettes, the Chelsea shopper, has been unleashed in a whole slew of new colors for summer... including both the BONE... and 'mustard', which is reminiscent of an older Dooney color that used to be called 'old gold' and that I love-love-love... And this week has already seen me falling off the wagon quite badly, both with Dooney and a couple of other bags from TJ Maxx, including a Minkoff bag I put on layaway... Yes Bobby, I'm afraid my posterior is firmly affixed to that bench... And yet, I do so love the Chelsea and have yet to even begin to get over the Clayton in bone... I fear you're right and that I'm simply too far gone...

{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

If there is to be no Clayton in aqua then my advice to you would be to either hold onto the Logo Lock in your chosen color or see if there is another bag in aqua you prefer and at the same time to select the Clayton in another shade you love... I say this NOT to try to impose my handbag addiction on anyone else, but simply because the Clayton bag is like no other. It truly is a spectacular handbag that can only be fully appreciated up close and personal...

Wink

Saving a spot on the bench just for you, Bobby...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Oh Stevie, Stevie, Stevie.....

What are we going to do with you ? You are sooo BAD. I can tell by the tone in your voice that more Chelsea's will be coming your way too. Yes, the Clayton is my dream bag...but, there is really no other color calling to me right now as I had my heart set on the aqua. Although the ocean blue is really pretty and I do like the teal (which is not available right now). The Logo Lock doesn't get me overly excited...but, still on the waitlist. I have to admit that I do like the mustard color in a handbag and the Clayton is beautiful in bone as well. I will have to go take a look at the Chelsea since I'm not familiar with her. But, you are right, Stevie...you are beyond help. There should be a emoticon on here with a little head sitting on a bench hanging its head in shame.

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.crying} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I know, I know... I really need to turn over a new leaf. I try. I really do, but I'm just so very weak... I'll do better. I really will...

Cool

My name is stevie and I'm a bagaholic...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Valued Contributor

I would really like to get a nice bag one of these days, but I look at the prices and think of how many bales of hay I could buy with that money!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}Sigh.....but I do love my horses. {#emotions_dlg.wub} They get new shoes before I do.Wink

The Dooney bags look nice but they all seem to be so big! I do have an all weather leather vintage equestrian Dooney in green and tan that I paid $17 for including shipping off ebay. It has the opposite problem as it is a tad too small. And it does check out as authentic. And it was made in USA. Why are they so expensive when they are now made in China?

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2014 Bobby K said:
On 2/5/2014 stevieb said:

Wink

Hello Stevie,

I didn't want to hijack Spurt's post...but, yes the more I think about it...you are definitely past any Intervention. I'm not even so sure a half way house would help at this point {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. I hold little hope for the Clayton coming out in aqua. I called Dooney CS and they said there was no upcoming order for her in the aqua. So, my hopes were really dashed. It's my dream bag, I just love everything about her. I guess you are about as bad as those Ripkinista's. Since there are upcoming Dooney shows this weekend...you will probably find yourself back on that bench once again{#emotions_dlg.laugh}.

I'm sure another Dooney will be headed your way soon Wink.

Hey Bobby......you are welcome to post on any of my posts....in fact everyone is, with a few exceptions for the bashers or trashers...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

That Clayton is indeed a beauty.....yes Stevie needs somer serious intervention with her bag addiction that does not sound good that the Dooney's are now turning into a cult too{#emotions_dlg.w00t}......after we take care of that.....you can TRY to work on my addiction to my Spurs and the NFL....Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”