Regular Contributor

I tried to recently place 3 orders from 3 different vendors:  Gili, Spenco and Hairdo and they will not deliver to P. O. Boxes.  Gili has delivered to P O in the recent past.  If I were to have a mailbox, it would be 1/2 mile down the road, out of my sight, on the side of a busy road available to anyone, hence the P.O. Box.

Have any of you had this experience?

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, some shipping outfits require a street address.  The only one who delivers to a PO Box is the post office.  I run into this always.

Super Contributor

i too have a po box and have spent the past 30 years dealing with businesses that refuse to deliver to it. it is frustrating for sure. 

Honored Contributor

this isn't new,  many shippers want a physical address to deliver to.

Respected Contributor

I have noticed this from time to time when ordering. I always was aware that rebates for products have to have a physical address.  I figured that was because people would have POs to turn in more rebates for extra money. 

Some people if possible ,ship to their work address if it would be allowed ? That way also someone is there to receive the package during business hours.

Esteemed Contributor

@_O_, have you considered the following options?

Your name

street address of your local post office

Box #

City, state, zip

Change your box to the ups store if one is near to you.  They provide a street address and offer other benefits beyond the post office.   theupsstore.com/mailboxes/personal-mailboxes

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@_O_  You may want to speak with your post office. A few years ago, so many customers were having the difficulty you mentioned. Our post office has us use their street address with #?? next to it and everything delivers there including UPS and Fed Ex. It's a blessing.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Regular Contributor

@Marp , your genius...I'm going to look into that!

Regular Contributor

@pattypeep , thank you...I'll look into that as well.  I think we paid for a years service, but USPS has never been helpful or make anything convenient.  Personally would rather deal with someone else but will check how much longer we are paid.

Regular Contributor

@jackthebear Gili just started this, and Im finding it more prevalent on the Q as of late