Honored Contributor

Re: Overly religious messages to sell jewelry

@Moonchilde wrote:

Can we say.....projection?

@Moonchilde  Good call!  I've seen "projection" in several other threads too including this person!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Can we say.....projection?

@Moonchilde  Good call!  I've seen "projection" in several other threads too including this person!

"Agenda" and "pot-stirring" similarly come to mind.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

freedom of speech is a wonderful thing:  i treasure it.  i also treasure my remote.   use it if the presentation doesn't suit. or don't buy the item.  let us all use our freedoms.

I guess I wouldn't say I treasure my remote, but it does make TV choice and viewing simpler, and my gosh, yes, I do use it, often...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I just heard Valerie Parr Hill say that her genuine marble candle pillars were harvested from the earth after millions of years.  Meanwhile, she's always hawking her religious bracelets and various other religious items in her shows,  I'm pretty sure that Biblical scholars believe the earth is between 6000-15000 years old.  

Honored Contributor

@MRSTH wrote:

@jubilant

"Religion offends a lot of people.  It always has and always will.  Those who are offended by it don't even stop to think the hope and comfort it may give to those who want or may need it at that very moment."

Don't generalize.  Some people are offended by hypocrisy, proselytizing and intolerance. It's a two-way street.

I, simply, turn the channel when anything related to religion (which is offensive to me) is discussed. Problem solved for me. I don't begrudge anyone their belief; don't begrudge me mine. Some of us don't need religion. 

QVC sells crosses, stars of David, evil eyes, etc. I'd like to see a Darwin fish, black donut, atomic symbol or any other symbol that represents atheism. Do you think QVC or many of their customers would tolerate that?  Don't answer;  that's rhetorical.

Live and let live. 

LOL .... if QVC gave equal time to those pieces of jewelry that support atheism, people would  just  lose their minds!!!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

It's hypocritical to disallow discussion of religion on these forums, yet it's okay to give long spiels about it on TV to sell a product?  I find it offensive and turn it off immediately. 

@LilacTree - You hit the nail on the head.  It's OK because they are making money.  If we were allowed to discuss religion on these forums we both know that it would not remain a civil discussion.  Someone would take it off track and the post would be poofed.  They know that too, so they don't even allow us to start on that subject.

The subject of religion is often discussed on Among Friends. In fact there is a daily thread with scripture.

Talk about hypocrisy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu wrote:

I am not offended by FAITH.  Personally I am offended by the Lack of It. 

Well, you were raised one way and others were raised another way.  That doesn't make anyone here right ... or wrong.   Just different beliefs.   

We have become a global community, and Christianity is practiced by about 30% of the population.  Do the math ... that means 70% of the world's population believes something else.    

Do you want people from that 70% shoving their beliefs down your throat or hard-selling their preferences of jewelry?   I doubt you would take it very well.   JMO  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MRSTH wrote:

@Moonchilde

"Her tongue was, I'm sure, firmly in cheek."

Yeah.  That's what I figured.

If giving Hearts on this thread were a drinking game,  I'd be flat on my arse right now Smiley LOL

@ILTH

And I'd be on the floor with you .... not knowing which way was up!!   LOL        :lolu:

Super Contributor

I am a born- again Christian and I am grateful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Some people are offended by anything connected to faith and Christianity. Its too bad, but we will continue to pray and share what the Lord has done in our lives or those we love.
Honored Contributor

@MeganRose wrote:
I am a born- again Christian and I am grateful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Some people are offended by anything connected to faith and Christianity. Its too bad, but we will continue to pray and share what the Lord has done in our lives or those we love.

@MeganRose

You are completely missing the point here.  

While I am happy for you thinking you have found a new way of life, please don't assume that others will welcome your shoving your views down everyones' throats.   There are MANY religions and belief systems, so please do not assume yours is better than everyone else's choice, and you have a right to be obnoxious about it.    Live and let live.   JMO